Sin City
we watched Sin City yesterday, I was so happy to watch it, coz I prepared my self again to watch a very good and artistic movie, Its a Frank Miller based comic and I admit I haven't read the comics, but I know a little story about it and knew the characters, espcially Marv, back in early college.



they did a really good team up in this movie, Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez successully made the graphic novel into life by making it a live action movie, and also with some treatment from Quentin Tarantino, every part of it is like reading a comic book, I check out some pages and damn! it really looks the same in the comics and movie.

I read some notes that they dont use any scripts, but they use the comic format of Sin City, and also they use the images in the comics as their storyboard. here are some examples.



it really gives a hard time to some movie goers on what the movie is all about, everyone is silent during the 1st chapter of the movie, but hey. Im glad that Marv's chapter really gives a good entertainment for movie goers and non comic readers, as the movie is in black n white or gray, with some colors treatment like in the comics, Frank Miller's Sin City is a comic turned to a moving comic movie.

as I post this...I will add this movie to my collection!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

Cherrygrocery said…
ops..

I so love the movie SIN CITY! SO GREAT!...and galing. I'm so speechless!

Bladerunner minus sci-fi plus batman+timburton feel+gotham city... excellente!
ang lupet talga noh?
ahhha..ok yan sci fi plus mo ah

ehehhee