Injured and I'm still flying

"With the wings of Eros, I'll stretch them wide, Upon the winds of fortune I'm ready to glide.."
-Weightless

My hand was injured last monday and I got a hard time using the PC and it makes all my work slow. It was a very bad week for me,. lots of things had happened and it seems that I'm falling apart one by one, my ,left hand hurts after that accident inside my house,the skin of my left hand was skinned and it was very painful, I can see already my muscle tissues and veins (i think), and at first I thought that it will not bleed, when I was preparing some things for school that morning....it bleeds really fast, and I got a hard time taking a shower coz it hurts when water washes away those blood. but that doesn't stop me in taking over my way to school.

but the first thing I did was to go to the school's clinic, they cleaned and fix my wound and put a band aid...yes..a fucking aching sticky..band aid..and it hurts a lot more when I got the band aid.

I wish that I stop going to school that day and stay home to rest..
but I have to prepare for the school's seminar that I will be their lecturer.

oh crappy dappy

FEU I.T. Animation Seminar
it was a good lecture at our school's seminar, our professor chose me to host the seminar of the Arts and Science week and this is good to all students that they will be learning some stuff about animation, and mind you people. this is not an ANIME event.

I started in doing the history of animation and then later on the basics of creating it and then the magical tools we use for animating it, then I showed some stuff and works of Norman Mclaren and Don Hertzfeldt.




Don Hertzfeldt
http://www.bitterfilms.com/
"my spoon is too big!"
"I am a banana!"

Norman Mclaren uses in drawing and creating animation by the use of film strips, while Don Hertzfeldt is one the coolest animator for he created lots of animation with out using the computer and its about his journey from becoming a top animators who got lots of awards, by using some stick figure drawing to animate.


Ever After - by Ramon del Prado
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/264000/264774_ever_after_online.swf
its a sci fi action love story of teddy bears

then later on I showed some animation done by Filipino, and these are the "Ever After" animation by Ramon del Prado, The Fiesta, The Juan and The Purplechicken's music video teaser of Dream Systems all animated by the Artists Society, and some clips from Filmless Films.


the students enjoyed watching some animation clips especially when they viewed the Ninjai flash series, I showed them some examples but they saw the chapter 1-9 in my PC that was flashed in the projector screen, so they requested to view it all, but I told them if they want to see the whole series they should visit the website www.ninjai.com

its a 3 hour seminar and I got tired after that and thanks to FEU math society for inviting me, Mr. Benjamin Concepcion my math prof,. Mr. Renato Vinluan, Chairman of Math Dept. and the students of FEU.

and also thanks to
Mr. Michael Rivero of the Artists Society for providing me the animation cd of The Fiesta, The juan and Dream Systems teaser.

Khavn Dela Cruz of Filmless Films for clips of animation done by indie film makers and the Greaseman short film.

Ramon del Prado, for letting me show the Ever After flash mtv.

Joon Guillen for the info about Don Herdzfeldt.

and to all animators in the land !!! thank you! - ninjai, mclaren, hertzfeldt, disney, toei etc.



and then.. I was invited again to do the seminar next semester for the Mass Communication department with the Dean and students as the seminar attendees.

ohhhh.....boy. hahahaha.

Post a Comment

0 Comments