Mega Expo prod. diary 1


Im back again! and fresh from Cavite, now I'm here in school doing my assignments
and research for my literature and physics 4 class, and I just found the experience and the understanding (well a little) about that E=mc squared, God bless that this will be ever soon...thanks to you Einstein.

Mega Expo is near and take note thats on Dec 9-11, 2005 inside Megamall, Megatradehall. its not really my event, I didn't organized it but our Toycon organizer group 'Collectibles Unlimited' was invited to be part of the event, so we will be there promoting the hobby and presenting to the public what's cool in the world of collectibles.

The event is organized by Exlink, one of the tradeshow organizers in Megamall, and this year the event will be filled with booth bazaars, pet shows, gift items, and now the newly section called Toys and Hobbies. Toycon exhibitors will be there, I dont know how many booths, but according to our last meeting, last month, that there will be more than 10 booths for the Toycon section.

I was told to help in composing the program for the Toycon segment, Its really hard to accept it, coz the space and ambiance does not belong for the program, but its okay, coz new people will be the audience and will be surprise for the show.

The 501st Legion will be there again and hope that MR. Darth Vader with his troopers won't dance again wearing tights and sandos ahhahahah...oh I think I remember that part of the show....where the hell are the STORMBALLS> but mind you, the 501st Legion is the real thing.. the same thing that you see in the Star Wars movie.

I invited people from the gaming industry to have a short talk about the latest consoles and upcoming consoles, and also games! hoping that we can have a short demo or short game play tourney on sundays.

also I'm working on the exhibit for Guhit Pinoy, those comic artist from UAE, hoping also that I would get in touch asap with Kathang Isip re: the exhibit.

Deviant Art people will be there, I'm having problems on who will be incharge of doing the talk about comics and art. Still I'm thinking of who will be the guest lecturer.

and of course, the most in demand of the show...gulp!!! .... cosplay
I was told by Exlink if it is possible for a cosplay show, so I told them
its easy to manage, but hard to contain them, cosplay community is rapidly growing here so the numbers are getting big when it comes to a certain event that has cosplay. So i got the idea of making a cosplay fashion show, featuring the craft and showmanship of the costumes and the wearer. its a no contest and Im glad that Henry De Dios aggreed to help to produce this event.

so there ya go. vic Yap txted me while ago about a exhibitors meeting at 3pm in Megamall Conference Hall, so if you need more info, you can try to comment here or try to drop at the meeting later this afternoon, I won't be there at the meeing coz I got classess till 6pm so we rescheduled our privy meeting tomorrow to discuss the programs and module for toycon. I wont be exhibiting or selling for the event, school is the first priority, maybe you'll see me all on Dec. 11, 2005 main show of the event.

I'll be posting the schedules of event on my next post.
I;m itching to see that Pet show on Dec 9 at the Mega Expo

Mega Expo
Dec.9-11, 2005
SM Megamall Megatradehall 1-2
10am-10pm

entrance fee of the event is Php10.

http://toycon.blogspot.com/

:) az

Post a Comment

0 Comments