5th Toycon prod. note 4

Lenten season is one of the best season, coz it never stops me from organizing an event, no breaks for me. why? coz its the best day to organize one, and theres no distraction during my hours. So here I am once again sitting in front of my pc (sympre) typing and doing another episode of my production note. I do this, just to update all readers and also other event organizers to see and think why I have this weird mind when it comes of making an event. hehehheheh.

Last week was the Voltes V Evolution event at the ABS CBN compound, hosted by HERO TV. Cholo txted me and told me that we were invited to this contract signing event. I decided to attend it and I know that when we Collectibles Unlimited meet there, Toycon will be our primary topic when itcomes to chit chats. So then I arrived at the event saw some familiar people and old folks from the Industry.



toycon floor plan

After I arrive Cholo and her wife presented to us the tentative floor plan for the event. Vic and I debated about the cosplay containment area, I told them if theres not enough space , we can remove some meters from the containment area, we can do that just in case, so we might lessen the size if we ran out of booth space, because it eats a lot of space at the end of Megatradehall 2. I haven't checked the booth spaces, but it seems to me it looks like another hall of Toycon 2005, same style, same space, same stage, but different design and layout.

During our conversation, owner of Comic Alley, Teddy Sy, walk by in our side going to his table, I called him and gladly meet each other again, but can't complain about his comment on my big belly haaahahah, I too told him that he is in good shape too, and then I introduced him to my fellow Toycon organizers and then a closed chit chat for Toycon was brought up after that a quick spoiler of his Comic Alley branch that will open on May 18th ( I think that was the date) at the SM MALL OF ASIA. oh golly. Watching X-men 3 at the Imax theater came up on my mind.

After that saw Do ahou band fixing their instruments, I approached them and told them that i will give them a slot for the Toycon performance, it was a cool meet up, seeing Neil in make up, and Xley with a long curly hair, still their music has more energy just like the 1st time I saw them winning the anime battle of band of Anime Quest.

On the other table, Otakuzine Magazine was there covering the event, Brian and Dennis Uy, the big brothers of Anime magazine, as I approached them surprising them and noted both of our side of the upcoming events and soon for a meeting for the upcoming toycon.

The HERO TV event was a big success and also a great reunion as people from the same industry meet up in one place while we fill our stomach with pasta and seafood talk about anime and the industry.



screenshot of the old layout


new layout

Now, at last I have decided to semi-finish the 5th Toycon website ( http://www.toyconph.tk )
last time I got problems in the alignment of the side table, coz in the future logos of sponsors will be pasted there and so the links of website that build the hobby here in our country, My vision for the website is to make it a portal of hobbyist and collectors. It is a website that has news and features of interesting topics that will relate to every hobbyist in the Philippines, not only here but also in other countries.

It took me a 2 days to figure out that floating images, I tried CSS style but it never works, coz Im thinking of something that its hard to explain, but then thanks to Dreamweaver , it finally answered my problems after waking up of a dream sequence of web designing and coding, yeah! I', dreaming of website making. also sometimes day dream, you know that ? I design and coding stuff in my mind or trying to build a flow chart on what will be the outcome of the website. sounds weird noh?

so then the website developing continues. I decided not to put a flash interface website, coz I know that some of us are still using dial up at home. (like me), so an image spilicing job was done using Adobe Image ready and then converting it to a html file linking all the images to create a web interface.

still got some problems and waiting for the dot com domain name, it should be www.toyconph.com, but the domain and host provider still haven't responded to my request. but then for the moment I removed the banner ads of dot.tk from toyconph.tk, now it loads a lot more faster and banner ad free, i removed it coz I encountered the same problems of users of Internet Expolorer that refuses to load a website containing pop up ads.

so now..the next step for the event website is....... post all the contest rules and mechanics for 5th Toycon.

whew! what an update! ahahahaha... so there you go! Im still sick here and can't breath properly coz of a cough and colds. till the next production note !

Post a Comment

0 Comments