Whilce Portacio in Manila
Production Note 1




This is my first ever production note for this event, I just posted my insights about this last month in my other blog entry Manila Bats!, and i guess I will have to put up more energy for the big production. You already read about the title in my entry, and yes, me and Whilce are planning for his Manila Tour and we we are not talking about just a comic book signing. We are targeting a convention and seminar for this event. The event was planned before by another party, but they backed out for a good reason, Now I was told to the part. And after evaluating and studying about this, I already decided take some short step in events planning.

The plan was to hold it in December 2006, in time of the release of Batman:Confidential, but the time is already limited so I decided to moved it next year in order to have a good length of time organizing it. DC comics convention will be next year so I already talked to the organizers if it is okay to tie up with them for the event. They said it was ok. But the problem is that Whilce will be in another convention in Florida and there is a conflict of schedule, so right now Im trying to get a good venue for his return.

There will be a Toycon in Cebu on January 2007, but I dont have the new updates about that. Also theres a possibility that Whilce will fly to attend the Toycon Cebu, we dubbed it as ToyCon Sinulog. But Im still gearing up getting sponsors to help us fund the big event. I will try to get in touch with comic shop owners soon if they are willing to partner with us. Right now Im still continuing the study of the event and all of it are still in my mind and will be on paper soon.

The teaser video above was supposed to be played at the Comic Seminar, I have problems in using Mac, so I decided to annouce it, but I dont know if someone listened to it hahhahaha.
the video was supposed to be launched at the Komikon. But I failed to attend again so I decided to release it in Youtube. More updates will be posted soon in the official event website
http://www.popazrael.com/whilce <-- im not yet sure if this will be the official event website. Il talk first to my webhost sponsor if they can sponsor us a domain good for a year.

Post a Comment

0 Comments