The 7th Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention production note 1



At last!!!!
this is the 1st and official production note blog for the 7th Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention 2008, dubbed as ToyCon year 7, and sometimes tag as the Philippine version of the Comic Con San Diego, well sometimes I tag it as the grand daddy of all convention in the Philippines hehehehe.

We just had our 2nd meeting last friday and it was the very official meeting of our organizing team Collectibles Unlimited Assoc., we just laid out our plans and finalize everything we wanted for the ToyCon year 7, I will call it ToyCon year 7 because our convention is already 7 years old! and yes! the convention is getting bigger and bigger every year and I can't imagine already that we reached our 7th year this 2008.

the main venue will be in Megatrade Hall 1-2 in SM Megamall, thats the biggest venue for us compare from last year, and it will double once again the incoming crowd and we will post many attractions of comics, toys, movies, games to everyone. I'm still dreaming of having a 3 hall event for ToyCon, but we will just see if we can surpass the event last year.

Our first meeting was 2 weeks ago and we got a meeting with our partners, sponsors and other entities that will be added to the ToyCon family. I already posted some news in other toy groups but I'll just give a big suspense for everyone hehehhe.

I'm now reformatting the contests and also other attractions, I'm trying not to post the full details for now because I'm avoiding other events that might copy our concept. I'm so afraid if that happen. There will be a lot changes for the contest, I'm trying to organize all the prizes details and also will get new marshals and production people for the event, ( hey if you're reading this and you're interested to join the team, you know where to reach me :)

also the cosplay contest will be removed this year, we will not just removed it but we will do a lot of changes for the ToyCon year 7 and this year will not focus more on the toy, comics, movies, games only. But we will be focusing more on the Pinoy's greatest contribution for the world of this hobby, pop culture and fandom. And don't forget Mr. billionaire by day and dark knight by night will be the main theme for this year.

and might have a cough! cough!*exclusives * cough..t-0- zzzz.zzz

my first production note for ToyCon year 7 ends here and will update more and give you the latest of the goodie ol' stuff we will bring this year.

Post a Comment

0 Comments