Chat event with Paramita band



If you are online on April 2, 2008 at 3:00pm to 5:00 pm and loves the music and the band - Paramita, then visit www.yehey.com/chat if you want to chat with them live, and of course the online chat is free for everyone to join. Also I'll be there at the chat event to host a video stream for everyone. I'll be arming my laptop with webcam and microphone so that everyone can see and hear Ria, Marco and Alsey of Paramita.

for info of the chat event you can check out their page at http://www.yehey.com/chat/chatevent.aspx?id=87

we will be posting the video stream page on April 2 and also I'll stream it too here in my blog, but for official announcement log on and sign in to www.yehey.com

-
On personal meet with Paramita, I haven't met them before for the new rock era, but here's a short story that I like to share. ( read more below)


Marco de leon, the guitarist of Paramita. Met him tru his brother, LC de leon (lead man for Reklamo band) it was during the 2007 year hype for Transformers the movie and Toycon 2007.
We hang out and then Marco helped us out in our Transformers Philippines booth at the Toycon 2007 and Transformers movie merchandise launch in Megamall, and together too with LC.

after the hype, I just learned that Marco is the lead guitarist for Paramita, and also one of the original members of the band. I was shocked to learn the news and now Im seeing them perform and also hear their hits on the radio. Haven't told Marco yet that I met the band fromm the year, let me guess time of year 1999 or 2000 or 2001.

flash back to that year when I was still in the rock and roll indie days and I hang out to the art venue called, Oracafe. I did some rock gig productions back then and after I left my studies and roam around in the indie world, i learned a lot from that venue about music, films and some indie philosophies. I went to Oracafe one night and I was enjoying my beer at the bar, then It was a night of band auditions and I got a chance to see some great bands during the fresh years.

but the event manager of the venue is not around and also Khavn (owner of the venue) is not around too, my friendly bar manager-tender told me to screen the band audition for them that night. It was funny and also got serious into it hhahaha.

first band was Blue jeans junkies, after hearing their music and watch their performance they gave an envelope with band profiles, pics, cover song list, history, and original music with lyrics. The band lead man - Nino Mendoza asked me if they are in for the band line up on the next gig, I told them a positive review and I said, "yes youre band is in"

then the next band was setting up while I drink my beer and chat with people inside the bar, I was busy reviewing lots of band audition profiles then I was surprised that the band told me that they are ready, I said, "ok, you guys can play now". then I turned my back at them and went to the bar and make "kulit" to the bar tender to give me some more oatmeal cookies.

while chomping and eating and also drinking, the band played while I'm not watching, because during band auditions and when I'm going to screen them, I always learn first how to listen to their music while not watching. Then a female voice filled the bar, singing and the crowd began busy watching to the stage. I was surprised too, then I stand up and wonder "where the hell is the vocalist!" Then we saw a female in the percussion in her short hair appearance that I mistaken her as a guy, she was behind the other 2 band member coz its hard to see and watch the vocalist from behind the drums, she's hitting the snare and bass drum and then singing. I said, wow! then I check the name of the band it was called - Paramita.

After they play, Ria looked at me and told me how was it, and I said in a positive reply. "Yes! you're band is In" with two thumbs up!, After that I can't remember what happened, can't even remmeber the songs they play if it is a cover or an original, it was a long time ago before digital camera and ipods are popular. Then after months of that year, Oracafe closed down. One by one other venues were closing too. But I'm glad that I saw Paramita again after those rocking years and they are well.

thats a short story, so excited to tell them about this heehhhe.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

Pare,

Gandang araw, this is Jeffrey Ong, one of the creators of DARKPAGES. Available uli 'yung comic book namin, maybe you can help us na maipakalat sa mga komikero ang mga kopya. Plano kasi namin ituloy, we need budget kaya gusto namin mapaubos iyong mga copies na na-retrieve namin. Pls. check my blogsite (http://sentimiyento.blogspot.com) for further info.

Thanks! GOB bless!
Kengkeedee said…
I’m Karen and I work for an online media co. I’d like to invite you to an event of ours so if you could send me your email address so I could give you a formal invite, that would be great: angelcake10902@yahoo.com

Thanks