Heath Ledger - The Joker statue bust

The image “http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v193/37/124/1078612997/n1078612997_31285_246.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
source

Why so Serious!!!

I just saw this image at the Dark Knight Facebook group, which the info posted their is so juicy. All of us were surprised when one fo the members posted this image yesterday, we waited all day for a good answer on who made this statue, is it for a wax museum, or is it for sale, or is it a fake image, or something else.

then one of the member got a great investigation and saw this information in one of the Batman blogs in the net. The sculptor is Mike Hill.

MH: “Thank you very much. I was inspired to sculpt him after seeing the trailer for THE DARK KNIGHT. I was a little taken back at first by the ‘changes,’ or should I say ‘re-imagining,’ of the character, I was genuinely excited to see the movie.

The process is an arduous one!

Firstly I gathered reference of Mr. Ledger sans Joker makeup from various internet searches, after choosing an expression I set about sculpting his portrait in clay. Some people are really hard to capture but Mr. Ledger was fairly straightforward."

"This took approximately 5 days. Once I was happy I added the scar/smile after carefully studying what little reference we have yet. Then I molded him with silicone rubber, from this mold I created a silicone rubber version of my sculpture. Then I created a set of acrylics eyes, which by itself is no small feat to get right. Once these were inserted, I cleaned him up and painted his base human flesh. Over this I added the clown white makeup, etc. After this I began punching his hair, one strand at a time! Fortunately for the back of the head I used a wig which I had to cut and style to match the movie. Finally I tinted the hair green and added eyelashes -- there’s a lot more to it but that’s the bare basics." - fron Batman-On-Film Blog

I'm getting crazy seeing that bust statue! hahahahahah! I just wish we can invite Mike Hill to come and exhibit his works in our ToyCon this June.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Last night, nagulat ako sa itsura ni Joker sa blog mo. Ngayon nagulat nanaman ako. Baka manganak ako ng di oras...