coverage: KABUWANAN SA CUBAO EXPO: An Artists' Fair 2008

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/37/P4050046.JPG?et=tAZgW7LatVA4ARdWVMAxbA&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

For arts and music on the street, there's only one place that comes on my mind, the
Cubao Expo aka Cubao X. After being lost and lurking around, I made a successful drop at the artists fair event called "KABUWANAN SA CUBAO EXPO". It's like that I'm at home seeing old folks during the scene I left years ago,Its like a nostalgia manila mania for me. Saw lots of exhibits, sculptures, bargain books, customized, useful and useless items.

more story below


Some purple musing music
I arrived at 10pm from a bus ride that I got stranded in Pasay, I decided to go here to check out the last minute event before I back home in Pasig. I just caught Musings of the cigarette smoking man band performing live and its great to see them perform once again and its a great experience to hear and see one of my favorite hits being performed live. Also met my old folks from the New World Alliance - Ava, Paul and Shey doing the giddy dance while listening to great indie rock music at the event. And after that went around the area to see and check out some cool items to buy, but when I went back to the stage area, saw the Purplechickens performing their last 2 set. It was a mind blowing moment, coz I miss this band and seeing them rocking the night makes me feel that I'm on drugs and getting high.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/34/P4050043.JPG?et=2s%2BjYiNuUIpKtckcozCQAw&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
me, Jomike Tejido, Bru and Wewilldoodle

Arts, street performance and bazaar
I hang out at the Wewilldoodle-Electrolychee booth on the otherside of Cubao Expo, just bumped on Nelz sitting on a chair waiting for some doodle people to contrbute in their doodled art which will be auctioned off that evening, we just shared news and also I told him that this kind of event for artists is one of my big dream event, which Nelz know it during the time we plan and organize art event stuff during our online chat whenever we are at work, but I'm thankful that an artist fair in Cubao Expo is really happening and thanks to the organizers for making a celebrated one, also after the chit chat just heard from Nelz some good suggestion for the Arts and Music Festival 2008 for August.

Got a big hello from Bru of Electrolychee and that convinced me now to loose weight, which comes from a good comparison of my looks everytime we meet. Also had a great talk with my fellow Artists' Den peeps like Jomike Tejido and he shared to me his latest work for the Foldabots comics that is monthly appearing from the pages of K-zone magazine and also an upcoming item that will be a great collectible coming out this ToyCon 2008 (its a secret thing for now), also he reminds me about his upcoming painting on "banig" sheet exhibit happening this month ( will post a detail after this blog)

Saw lots of item being sold on the street of Cubao Expo, there are lomo pics on display and for sale, paintings, wooden sculptures, 2nd hand and bargain books, little things that you can use it as keychain and custom made varieties that I'm still puzzled if I'm going buy it or not. Then I went inside the Sputnik Comics shop just to say hello to the store owner Ramon De Veyra.

then outside infront of the store,I was mugged by street magicians.
Magician : hey wanna see a demo magic?
Azrael : nahhhh, Im too old to see magic acts
Magician : do you have a one peso coin?
Azrael : no I dont have
Magician : I have one peso coin, look...
then magician bit the coin in half showing in front of my face and then the magician re-appear the half coin by blowing it
Azrael : anak ng puutt2@@$@$@@@ galeng ah!

then after seeing that trick, he performed one magic trick that he levitated a hanky lying on the ground... got sick of it and afterwards made me a KID again! seeing magic tricks make me believe that they are wizards and witches. I know that it is only a trick, but having them people believe in their stunts are truly a great performance, what I did is that I grabbed a pen and they wrote their contact number in a special playing poker card and then invited them to perform this ToyCon 2008. wohohoh..new addition for the family. They dont accept any payment for the performance, but they do offer magic items for sale.

Although I went home empty handed, but the experience for being there is great.
and it was a BLAST !!!!!!!!


The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/4/photos/328/500x500/1/P4050003.JPG?et=Xbh0oP7hczL972mro5bQdw&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Mike, vocals for Musings of the Cigarette Smoking Man

more photos at Az @ KABUWANAN SA CUBAO EXPO: An Artists' Fair 2008


The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/7/P4050013.JPG?et=W22fqyIRjv5B%2BbGDQZJ0MQ&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Edsel, guitars for Musings of the Cigarette Smoking Man

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/3/P4050007.JPG?et=kthGE5MYh%2Bd77GX6fEQgEg&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Donna, bass for Musings of the Cigarette Smoking Man

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/19/P4050026.JPG?et=NRbNMRgsXp02AIYsggmrjA&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
wooden sculpture art

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/20/P4050027.JPG?et=QdMV7QCT74wAPgcqfCWhBg&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
paintings

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/25/P4050032.JPG?et=T5EyhMrphKRxhyvLOszvAw&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
lomo photo art

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/31/P4050038.JPG?et=N1HhylVxNvAXEO10Ucz7Hg&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
the street magicians

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/32/P4050041.JPG?et=fcoNCC0EjBvGpoYpV23zrw&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Nelz, wewilldoodle

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/52/P4050062.JPG?et=pWOmlmBk2NbJ9%2CfQgS1vsw&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
the purplechickens aka the manox

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/64/P4050077.JPG?et=wBaiGTpK1QlCdC%2CQZzmlUQ&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
a store that specializes in monument statue

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/328/500x500/69/P4050082.JPG?et=RLcjDO%2CFaLx3fcb%2C9l1SJw&nmid=90000393” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
band performer gets busy in her guitar effects box

Post a Comment

0 Comments