Eraserheads reunion concert 2008 - Eheads practice, tickets, DOH issues and another strike


I'm here in Mcdo Pearl Drive this morning having my breakfast and then I saw that there's a news already again on TV about the DOH vs. Philip Morris, I saw the recorded video on the net and saw some serious point that the sponsor of the event might get into trouble, but I have some few speculations on what may happen next. ( read more below)

Here's the video of the news


My own Eraseheads concert idea
Here's some of my speculation of what will happen next, If Philip Morris back out as the sponsor for that rumored concert, still the Eraserheads can do that gig without the backing support of Philip Morris, even if there's a law already in banning any tabacco company in advertising and sponsoring, the Philip Morris can now be called an invisible sponsor for any event, but 'til now we are not really sure if they are the SPONSOR or organizer for the reunion concert or gig of the band Eraserheads, they are very cautious and careful in releasing all of the information about the concert, but my guess is that.. we will never see or hear about the concert and a banner of Philip Morris or Marlboro. If both of them back out in public, still the image of Eraserheads now carries the banner of Philip Morris. They created a living and walking billboard that will be remembered because of this big controversy, so my guess is that Philip Morris no longer need to be visible in any public event, because Eraserheads is now the carrier of the brand Philip Morris.

interesting na idea ito di ba? But what if that happens?
They can still use that Big database of online registered of the Red List and use it in advertising their events, even without the banner or image of Philip Morris. They can still say that the Eraserheads concert will push through without the sponsor, but the big backer still be the invisible sponsor. They no longer need to be visible or advertise the brand, for me it looks like the band is the brand already.. wag sana kayo magalit sa akin, this is just my speculation and I know it will never happen, but if it happens, by golly wow! then I am correct.

its my crazy idea... hehhehee.

and now for other news..

Eheads fans vs. Carlos Conde part 2
Eheads fans are back again and not happy about what they read in Carlos Conde's article "Here’s Why Eraserheads Reunion Concert Could Be in Trouble" and maybe he might get into trouble for fighting back against the massive number of Eheads fans, because he said the "F" word.. oh my.
I just don't want to share other comments, but when you read it, its very scary...

Eraserheads band practice
and for a flash news, I just got this from a blogger named Perry, and also posted at the Eheads mailing list, news that the band got its first band practice and here's the email message from Raymund Marasigan.


==============

Subject:
[subsandwich] 1st practice Date: 8/6/2008 8:18:24 A.M. Pacific Daylight
Time From: _asmatik88@yahoo.com_ (mailto:asmatik88@yahoo.com)


last monday the erserheads met and rehearsed for the first time.

nobody knew what to expect. it was a little uncomfortable since we
havent communicated for a long time. but im pleased to announce that
the band was playing better than i ever remembered. i guess we all did
our homework haha.

i wont say how many songs we finished but it was a lot. there was a
lot of drums and no drama.

raym

==============

Fake Concert Tickets circulating
Ok, I know all of you are excited, Let's just wait for another Monday for that rumored announcement for the concert. Also there's a news that we should be aware of fake tickets that are circulatinng on the net, all of those are fake and we should not buy any of it.

If you heard a news for the selling of fake tickets, feel free to post a comment here and share a news with us.

fake tickets will bring you to a fake concert.



Eraserheads Concert Protest Blog
check out http://erasethehabit.blogspot.com/

A local group of bloggers already created an online protest about the tobacco sponsorship of the Eraserheads concert.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

GORGORO said…
Alam ko kung saan sila nag practice :-) hehehehe
@gorgoro

uy baka may pic ka nung band practice nila.. eehhe.. PENGE Ako ahaha
Marlboro already confirmed that they are sponsoring the event. I'm too lazy to google now but the note from Louis Camilleri, Philip Morris CEO confirming it, is out there.

I think Philip Morris can get away with it by technicality and I think that's what they're really trying to do. Louis Camilleri said the event is "by-invitation only". They can always say it is a private party. A thanksgiving or whatever for their trade partners, clients, suppliers, etc. So even if there are 50,000 people there, you can't say naman that it's not a private event (just not intimate :p)

Marlboro's being strict about the whole red list registration thing. I have two friends who can't register and they're already in their 30s (don't ask me why they don't have valid IDs at that age) and my partner registered a couple of days ago but he still doesn't have a password to the site. I guess they haven't verified his ID yet.

I'm not against the whole Marlboro sponsorship at all. I did not start smoking at the age of 16 because the vision of a cowboy riding into the sunset appealed to me. I was young and curious. When I started smoking I had not even been to any tobacco-sponsored event. I was a young teen in the province who'd only been to Megamall once.

I quit smoking at the age of 26.

My view is- everyone has their own little addictions. Right now I can eat a dozen donuts in one sitting if I really wanted to. That makes donuts equally bad for my health right? But of course no one's going to give a hoot about Dunkin' Donuts sponsoring a concert :)

But then if I eat a dozen donuts daily I am only causing harm to myself and not others no? Unlike smoking and second-hand smoke :p

OK, now I'm babbling. Sorry.

I just want to see the band together again and see all my college friends.
wait, maybe I shouldn't have said I quit smoking in my last comment :p

That's risking my invite!!!

Argh. Too late.
admin said…
yeah.have you read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? Philip Morris is just like Voldemort there. He refused to show up but there are talks about him. They were aware that he is present without needing any proof. No need for the sponsors to show up...we just knew its them.haha.
Unknown said…
I lost all respect for anti-tobacco activists after this brouhaha. This is a supression of the arts, pure and simple.
dfg said…
Matalino lang talaga Philip Morris! I bet they can get away with it.