Star Wars : Clone Wars - my blog review



a non-spoiler post

We saw the advance screening last night in Rockwell Powerplant cinema and its the last advance screening of Star Wars Clone Wars, the movie is now showing today in all Philippine theaters. I'm so excited that night to watch another Star Wars series and now they just upgraded the animation style, which is far more awesome and realistic (in a cartoon way) than the 1st Cartoon Network's Star Wars Clone Wars tv series. But many people didn't know that this is just a prelude of another upcoming tv series with the same CGI animation, but before watching the movie, many people are still stuck on that Episode 1 Jar Jar Binks hate club. ( Read more below)

I heard two people commenting to me and said that I should not watch the movie, because for them the movie sucks, and that there's this character that they hate,which is similar to Jar Jar Binks, at first for me its okay, I told them that I will watch it because I'm a Star Wars fan, then after they hear my answer, they automatically shutdown and proceeded to this gaming topic hahahaa. they saw that I wear this Jedi Academy tshirt which brought the Star Wars Clone Wars topic.

Been hearing about this new character, and for any series or movie of SW, it is very normal to encounter a lot of new characters, I was already spoiled last February 2008 after attending a toy trade show, which I saw this SW Clone Wars toy line and I saw some new characters in the catalog and also in some toy boxes, but I just remained not too hyped about it and waited for the release of the movie.

new characters makes the series more interesting, and sometimes it makes some part of it worst. But knowing people's reaction about it will lift a major discussion about SW. People who are non fans and fans of SW will have a big debate on this, but as I said on some two guys yesterday, I am a fan, for me it will be okay, I have a right to complain and I have the right to hate, but its already in there and we can't do about it, but just ride on it and accept it.

people know that the movie sucks.. but for some SW fans, there are lots of worst and tragic scene that they haven't seen or read before.. I like to mention it, but many of you will be disgusted heheh.

okay, will stop now and continue the review

The animation of SW Clone Wars is far more different and awesome, George Lucas has said that they want the animation style in a CGI format, but not that Beowulf-ish style, and I totally agree with it, I'm glad that they stick to the style which is similar to the 1st cartoon series. For the story it took place between Episode 2 and 3, and it connects directly to the 1st animated series. You can now watch that old series in DVD, which is more action packed and I love the scenes on how those Clone troopers are in battle and war against those droids.

Clone Wars is a big show of how powerful is the clone army of the republic, but if you saw Episode 3, you know what I mean, revealing their other agenda. But here, I love seeing them in action, I got more interested watching the clone troopers do a lot of military combat skills rather than seeing some Jedi-Sith actions. Battling the droids are not that easy, but the clone troopers are very serious in finishing the mission with General Obi Wan and Anakin Skywalker.

There are lots or comedy stuff in the movie, I laugh a lot on it, and realize that this movie is aimed for kids and I know the Lucas wants to reach the younger audiences. The dialogue is on the modern feel, and the music BGM and the Star Wars theme is different, I feel that I'm playing a video game , but I understand that this series fit for the modern era, for the kids as they say.

for the voice over of the characters, I don't have any complain, at first I thought that Hayden Christensen do the voice for Anakin and Natalie Portman for Padme Amidala, by watching the series, I can still see these actors portraying the SW characters, but behind it, the actors are not present to do the voice, but by the features and character, you can still think that hunk-Hayden and sexy-hot-Natalie is in there. Btw, I love the character design of Padme, not that consistent, but they included Natalie's mole on her left cheek. Others like Samuel L. Jackson and Christopher Lee, wow! their voice is awesome and yes...the actors voiced their own characters and of couse!!! Anthony Daniels, the only guy who can voice C3PO.

for me, the movie is great, as fan. But for a technical guy, they should put more story on it, and beacause that this is just a prelude of the upcoming tv series. I'm now very curious on the very end of it, especially on what will happen to this new characters we saw from SW Clone Wars.

if you're going to watch it, just remove your SW traditionalist attitude and open up your heart ( naks!) for another theme that I know you'll love it. For the final note.... Star Wars can now live and continue for another line of story. in Animation. in Comics. in Gaming. etc.

more photos at Star Wars : CLONE WARS - advance screening

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/474/500x500/2/CIMG2584.JPG?et=wMFsDbI1PxZ6%2BMCVLjtutg&nmid=111320651” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/474/500x500/3/CIMG2585.JPG?et=M2kpZ%2CxpLKrMN9VKjyFD%2CA&nmid=111320651” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/474/500x500/6/CIMG2589.JPG?et=TohT6v%2C4Ic1varc9yezcDA&nmid=111320651” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/474/500x500/14/P8190135.JPG?et=afcVhWMYqMo%2C8YaU5kYZ9A&nmid=111320651” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/474/500x500/4/CIMG2586.JPG?et=D9M6QSx12hLtP1HMfUrpuQ&nmid=111320651” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://images.rejjventress.multiply.com/image/2/photos/248/600x600/48/DSC07271.JPG?et=eiOpa7fUrn3kbzmm34iVKw&nmid=111370144” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


The image “http://images.rejjventress.multiply.com/image/2/photos/248/600x600/75/DSC07298.JPG?et=K72eWwiyUDR0rIwkiL%2Cfug&nmid=111370144” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://images.rejjventress.multiply.com/image/2/photos/248/600x600/76/DSC07299.JPG?et=IoQrJNoct2Ozgm3U5I3mZg&nmid=111370144” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

photos couresy of http://rejjventress.multiply.com/photos/album/248/TroopingClone_Wars_Advanced_Screening_Rockwell

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Unknown said…
"For the story it took place between Episode 2 and 3, and it connects directly to the 1st animated series. You can now watch that old series in DVD.."

There's two season of tv series clone wars. This movie is between season one and two.