OtakonEK Convention 2008 production note 5

Time now for a production note for my event with Enchanted Kingdom. Funny that this event is now creating a big buzz in the internet and I'm happy with the tons of email flowing of inquiries and others are asking about if we will provide free transportation going to the theme park. I said that the free transportation is not provided, but there is a bus service in Glorietta that goes to Enchanted Kingdom. Although some say that the bus service is pricey, I recommend that you should try riding some buses passing by in Edsa or in some bus terminal in Kamias that has a Sta. Rosa sign board. Once your'e in Sta. Rosa city, just take a tricycle going to EK.

I'm finalizing the booth layout today, and glad that the response is good, now I'm having some problems because there are a lot of people who want to get the free booth we offer, now that the event looks really nice because of the booth exhibitors. The event will held inside the Eldar's tent located infront of the giant ferris wheel and the space shuttle ride. An airconditioned tent that will contain a total of 400 people in one venue, but for a big large number, we are expecting at around 5,000 people on that day to come and celebrate with us for the OtakonEK, as they say this is the grand otaku convention.

I';m still trying to apply some activities for the event, you know me already when it comes to innovating some cool ideas and materialize it in the event, just like I did to Toy Con. But here some parts are similar to the Toy Con, but some parts are new like the anime guitar god contest, and other booth activities that everyone will surely love, like make an animation.

Tomorrow I'll join the EK team for a coordination meeting and we will be at the EK site at 10am. we will be there to make a run down of the activities and the convention itself. I do the coordination meeting sometimes in some of my events, but the difference is that we do the meeting outside the venue and not inside of it. And then in creating the program of the event, I try to imagine and focus my self trying to be at the event and visualizes on how the event flows. Yup that's one of my biggest secret in making a great convention.

After OtakonEK I'm not sure what will be the next event. I'm helping a friend organize this event with magicians and mentalist, and then I'm creating a bloggers event for November 29th at SMX, and i heard that the Philippines will launched its first Friendster EB at the same venue.

And then I'm trying to decide if I'm going to have the 2nd COMICS and MANGA Day 2008 for October, since many are having a lot of cons next month, I'm thinking if I'll organize the 2nd Comics and Manga Day in Megamall again. But I might try to pitch the event to other venues..

And oh btw... I' m working on already this GI JOE Convention 2009, the 1st Philippine GI JOE Convention.. yeah! I just want to have this event project with our fellow Toy Soldier 1:18 - toy soldier and GI JOE fan and collectors club here in the Philippines, and now I have a targeted venue, a great marketer of the event. The next step is get a date, book the venue and get sponsors, and get booth exhibitors. More ideas will be revealed after this OtakonEK

ok..see you on the next update!!!

Post a Comment

0 Comments