Fail Showdown in Little Tokyo

I'm always promoting this restaurant venue in Makati city to Lace and everytime we have a conversation about Japanese food, I always say to her that I'll take her next time in Little Tokyo, thats infront of Makati Cinema Square, its a small place were the authentic Japanese restaurants are located inside, and the scenario of the area is like that you are in old Japan.

My last dine in one of the restaurants was 10 years ago, and I ate there with an old friend after checking out the Japanese grocery for some manga comics and also cheap CD singles of Japanese artist. I was practicing my Japanese language and reading that time, and I just got attracted to this restaurant that they displayed all the menus outside, all in katakana text, and there I just read some of the food and one food menu hit me is the okonomiyaki. It was like a heaven for me, and I ate there and saw the setting was really nice. The table is low and you need to climb up to this platform, remove your shoes and sit down on the platform floor. There's also a tv on every table hanging above. And I always tell this story to Lace, which excites her more after I told her that we will visit the venue this afternoon.

so after our trip in Makati, we took a taxi and went to this place. But I got disappointed the area change already, the restaurant and stores are still there, but the restaurant that I visit years ago is no longer there, and the bad thing is that the area is under renovation ahahaha. I saw these men and women hanging outside and saw lots of cement mixer and workers taking a rest nearby.

It was a bad move, but at least I'm informed already that the little Tokyo is having a major construction, maybe they are fixing the bricks and other new store outlets. Time really flows too fast for me, too bad that I can't share my good time in one of the resto. But we got a great reserve of the fun, because there's a Mcdonalds branch behind the mall.

Maybe we will go back there again next time. maybe on the next 2 months to try it again.