Road map to success ( re-published)

I just found this article sitting in my archives, and because that I'm trying to find my way out of a dark room and just thought of to become more serious in everything. My last steps gave me a big leap nearly to a success, so here I am, just learned something from my OLD self. I'm reposting it here to remind me again. ( i just did a little editing on it, too)

Azrael Deasis Coladilla started his broad career in 1999. His interests in toy collection, Japanese animation, music and the arts stirred him to start publishing stuff online. He created an online newsletter (1999) and a blog (2003) providing information on the latest happenings in different fields of interest. He began coordinating events with other persons and established personal connections with various groups of people. Azrael is a student of Far Eastern University taking up Bachelor of Science in Mathematics.

Achievers must always start with setting goals. As graduating students, you should have already thought of what you want to do and become in the future. It is senseless to move forward without direction. However, your goal must be a part of your real personality. Enjoying each step towards success will help you get there faster. I have taken these steps and I truly enjoy each of them. Art is one of my interests and because of which, I joined the Artist’s Den. This is a support group, whose sole existence is to give the artists aim, a higher level of empowerment and enhanced art-worth leading to powerful artwork, through apprenticeship and mentoring, propagating the passion to other artists. Joining this group gave me several experiences.

For instance, working with diversified artists and art enthusiasts, impart lectures and help in the promotions of the artists’ products. Soon after, I started coordinating events with other persons like toy conventions, art exhibits, product launchings and Japanese anime related events. Evidently, my horizons seem broad and almost scattered. However, I consider these experiences as teachers of some sort. Since my activities are almost boundless, the opportunities are limitless. Interacting with different persons with different attitudes and point of views is quiet interesting. I think that as a college student, it is indeed essential for all of you to brush elbows with different personalities.

Expose yourself to different environments and observe. Be courageous enough to test different waters and befriend uncertainty. The challenges will be tough but as you meet them, think of yourself as stepping up another level toward your personal goals.

Your personal goal is your motivating force. Many persons, after graduating, think of how much they will earn tomorrow. This is practical but it will make you tiresome not long after. My personal goal is to constantly learn and upgrade my interpersonal skills. Contributing what I learned to others motivates me to generate and share more ideas while I am working. Remember too that your goals will change as you mature. Adjust them regularly to reflect this growth in your personality. In life, you will be presented with different opportunities, always beware of these opportunities and don’t waste them. Recently, I was hired to a local pop culture magazine; the challenges whether on time, skills and managing co-workers will be harsh. Nevertheless, I set goals little by little, tick tasks one by one and soon, you will realize that you have gone through these obstacles.

Do not expect something big to happen right away after college, start small and work your way up. Great sustainable success starts at the bottom. The constant pursuit for learning will make you equipped in all your endeavors. Soon, your learning will be not from the classroom but from persons of different faces and unfamiliar places. Good luck! =p - ( Azrael Coladilla, 2005)


This was given to Mass Comm students of PUP last 2005. And this Road map to success is an inspirational lecture to everyone. Me and Ed Lingao were the speaker that year. And as of now I see those Mass Comm students already in their success, ( because some of them work on TV)
and congratulate for making it to the top.