Here is the perspective design and look of the entrance of the upcoming IMAX theater at SM City North Edsa. This is the 2nd IMAX theater in the Philippines and I'm happy that SM Cinema is expanding and bringing a great movie experience to all of us Filipinos. If you haven't been to an IMAX theater,try visiting the 1st one at SM Mall of Asia, were I watched great IMAX films like "I am Legend", "Dark Knight", "Beowulf", "Monsters vs. Aliens", and "Star Trek". I haven't seen the Transformers movie, but will watch it there soon.
IMAX Theatre at SM City North EDSA will open to the public on July 16, 2009. In time for the Harry Potter movie.
Here are the list of upcoming IMAX movies for the SM City North Edsa branch
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince – July 16, 2009
with exclusive IMAX 3D scenes
As Harry Potter begins his 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he discovers an old book marked mysteriously "This book is the property of the Half-Blood Prince" and begins to learn more about Lord Voldemort's dark past.
Under The Sea 3D – August 2009
An underwater look at the diverse coastal regions of Southern Australia, New Guinea and the Indo-Pacific areas and the impact of global warming on the oceans.
A Christmas Carol 3D – November 2009
An animated retelling of Charles Dickens classic novel about a Victorian-era miser taken on a journey of self-redemption, courtesy of several mysterious Christmas apparitions.
Avatar 3D – December 2009
A band of humans are pitted in a battle against a distant planet's indigenous population.
How to Train your Dragon 3D – March 2010
Shrek Goes Fourth 3D – May 2010
SO how IMAX digital Theater system works?
The technologies of an IMAX theater includes:
1. IMAX Image Enhancer - IMAX’s proprietary image enhancer brightens the on-screen image, and, through the use of a camera that provides real-time, on-screen feedback, it makes automated adjustments to ensure maximum image fidelity is maintained 100% of the time.
2. Customized Theatre Geometry -IMAX’s customized theatre geometry maximizes your field of view, putting you IN the movie – and is a key reason why IMAX® 3D is the most immersive cinematic 3D ever created.
3.IMAX Audio System
-IMAX’s powerful audio system delivers laser-aligned digital sound.
- IMAX’s Proportional Point Source loudspeaker technology enables listeners to pinpoint the specific location of a sound – with five discrete audio channels. (conventional 5.1 disperses sound through many speakers making it nearly impossible to locate the origin of the sound)
- Each IMAX theatre is acoustically treated to present accurate and realistic sound images with the largest dynamic range. This enables the sound to be crisp enough to hear a pin drop and precise enough to know exactly where it dropped.
- Each film’s soundtrack is specially mastered for IMAX’s unique sound system.
4. IMAX Screen
- IMAX’s proprietary high-gain screen results in exceptionally bright images and unparalleled 3D
- The IMAX screen is slightly curved and sits closer to the audience.
5. Dual Digital Projectors
- IMAX’s revolutionary digital projection technology is “projector agnostic,” meaning that it can utilize commercially available digital technology that best meets IMAX requirements – the projectors are merely a vehicle for IMAX’s proprietary image enhancer, which turbo charges the basic functionality of the light engine.
- One of the key benefits of being projector agnostic is that IMAX can adapt and even improve as suppliers develop new technologies.
- The current system uses two 2k Christie projectors and has a 1.9:1 aspect ratio – in keeping with the best-tested chip sets – and we continue to work with dual 4k projectors.
6. IMAX DMR®
- All film content that is played through IMAX’s digital projection system is digitally re-mastered with IMAX DMR technology.
- IMAX DMR employs a suite of proprietary image enhancement tools that optimize each image for IMAX presentation. Some of the techniques used to enhance the digital image include sharpening, color correction, contrast and digital artifact removal.
i just learned that they used two 2k Christie projectors, I got introduced to this projectors last 2002 and I didn't know that they use this brand. And yes that's the best brand for projectors in the world. And the year 2002, didn't know that IMAX will be the next big thing in the revolution of cinemas.
For inquiries and ticket reservations, please call 929- 5452 or 924-4274. For inquiries and screening schedule, log on to www.smcinema.com or you can email us at email@example.com.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Azrael Coladilla is the blogger of Azrael's Merryland. This blog started as a personal blog in 2003, and then converted the blog into a lifeblog about his interest and reporting about pop culture, lifestyle, entertainment, technology, food, travel, toys, outdoor adventure, internet and social media. Awarded as the 2009 Most Influential Blogger for Luzon, Philippines, awarded by the Philippine Blog Awards. He is a full time blogger and photographer and freelance events organizer, social media specialist and marketing consultant. He is the founder of several online communities - Manila Bloggers Network, PBNetwork PH, Oh My Food! community, Cavite Bloggers, and Philippine ToyCon. He loves traveling, eating, watch movies, meet new people, photography and collects Transformers toys.
custom bobbleheads like you
custom bobbleheads like you