Last Supper No.3 gala premiere coverage and short movie review


photo op with Joey Paras, star of the movie and with Jinky Laurel, co-writer of the movie, and Beverly Salviejo, plus Ariel Atienza.

It's a great Sunday for me to watch a gala movie premiere of a film entry for the Cinemalaya 2009, the movie Last Supper No. 3 is directed by Veronica Velasco (Utoy, Maling Akala, Inang Yaya) and it was co-written by our friend Jinky Laurel. I invited Mark Cerbo to come with me and got a great time too in meeting the stars and hang out with my Artists' Den group of friends. Read more below for my review and photo coverage of the premiere.

The image “http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs171.snc1/6411_100323811667_89577026667_2030056_7287740_n.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs171.snc1/6411_100310036667_89577026667_2029801_7443428_n.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Visit Last Supper No. 3 Facebook Fan Page

more photos in my album at Last Supper No. 3 gala movie premiere (Cinemalaya 2009) at CCP Little Theater

People might think of that this movie is some gay-ish in theme, But if you watched it and you will discover that it is not a gay movie. Some film fest and events nowadays are having lots of movies that contains story about the 3rd sex, but here in the movie Last Supper No.3, it is more different and you wont think of that way. Joey Paras as Wilson Nanawa in the story is a hard working film crew who had just changed his life after he lost a Last Supper carpet that he borrowed, the story revolves around his funny gay actions and how he bravely settle the problems in court.

The story telling of the film is well written, and I didn't get bored and get to know more the characters during the whole film, even that there are new characters popping out, you will find interest to know them more in every appearance on some scenes. The movie is very funny, but I felt some disappointed in the reality of the style of the traditional justice system. I didn't expected that the movie is based on a true story, having a case and criminal record even that you don't mean it and doesn't deserve it, really sucks. Because the movie will take you into a roadshow on how to fix your life and money is the key to move an immovable object.

The film has english subs, so sometimes I encounter myself reading the english text below the screen, but then I manage to avoid it after some minutes. Its funny, educational, and entertaining. Its a guide to us that we should be responsible in many things and deal it personally or else, major consequences will occur.

It's a great movie,for my rating... I'll give it a 4 out of 5 bananas for the humor, story telling and great visual shots ( I like those bird's eye view shots and various locations of scenes)


the CCP Little Theater


Eating time!


The ticket


the program guide


the exhibit area


drop box


me outside the theater


The image “http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs164.snc1/6160_1195865654405_1161364686_30590001_5649299_n.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
with my friends at Artists Den.