Cory! Cory! Cory! Cory!


Maria Corazon "Cory" Cojuangco Aquino (January 25, 1933 – August 1, 2009)

This date, August 3, 2009 is like 1983 again. The time of the funeral convoy of Ninoy Aquino in Edsa. But now the time is different and it was like that the historical event that took place in Edsa years ago is repeated again. I was watching the ANC tv live coverage of our former Philippines Pres. Cory Aquino funeral convoy out of the La Salle Greenhills going to the long stretch of EDSA and took a 5 minute stop in Ayala Makati infront of Ninoy Aquino's monument. Ayala, Makati City is packed of people and everything that was 1983-ish was brought back to life again for 2009.


photo by Abbie12

I felt that It was 1983 again, I was so young that time but I remember that me and my parents watch it live on TV during Ninoy's and now I'm 32 years ago, felt that it was the same thing with our Pres. Cory Aquino. Everyone is wearing yellow shirts, carrying banners, throwing yellow confetti, swaying old flags and design of Ninoy, and raising their hands and finger forming the letter "L" for laban. Ninoy Aquino is remembered today, but not him only, but the democracy and freedom that was brought by our 1st lady president Cory.

I was about to leave Cavite,but I know there will be major traffic jam gong to Manila, and will wait for it and watch the live coverage here at home. Will take the MRT and it is the fastest way to go from Pasay to Mandaluyong and Cubao. Everyone is so busy posting in the internet about Cory, the blogosphere, twitter, plurks, Facebook and Youtube are non stop updates and fresh content from various users, hope this blog post serves as my tribute for our Cory. Thanks for the wonderful leadership and a mother to all Filipino.

(The 2 photo above Cory Aquino with 12 year old Kris Aquino is from the coffee table book PEOPLE POWER : An Eyewitness story)