Clash of the Titans movie review by a demigod blogger

CLASH OF THE TITANS
Perseus in his battle mode with Medussa

Finally! I saw the movie remake of Clash of the Titans, I still have different kind of reviews and I divided myself into three person, and I did that because I am a god like Zeus. The movie will make you remember again reading those mythology books in high school, analyze and remember each name of the gods and their role, the monsters and creatures, and also why there's a conflict between man and gods.
(read my review below)


The 1981 vs. 2010 movie
The Clash of the Titans 2010 movie didn't follow or copied the whole story of the 1981 movie, It was funny that they mixed up the story and made Perseus a little weak,but the challenge of defeating enemies are a piece of cake as he display his hidden power as a demigod (half man, half god). If you have watched the 1981 movie, you will begin to find lots of elements of it in the 2010 movie, I also noticed that there are some elements that gave homage and tribute for the 1981, check Bubo, the mechanical owl made by Athena, you'll see it there but it didnt got any role for the 2010 movie and for my views it was replaced by the character of Io, but in 1981 the mechanical owl acts a big role in fighting the Kraken. The 2010 movie story has made a lot of sense compared to the 1981 movie.

Gods in 3D
Many people are still expecting superior quality in digital 3D version, but the 3D effects in a live action movie is not well present, but I noticed the layers and body elements are moving and starting to add more 3D feel, the CGI graphics on some monsters are just layers and my eyes are not convinced that they will float in your front. The 3D effect style is only built for the 3D glasses, the style and layering is the only thing we can say that is in 3D, so we can say that it is okay to watch the movie in 2D,but for added experience, go try out the 3D movie experience in IMAX 3D, I know it will be much more better.

Clash of the Titans
The Demigod
Sam Worthington gave his best as Perseus, but here in the 2010 movie he is the emotional character type and compare to the 1981 Perseus that is a more pretty boy look and some say much more a hero. Sam  played well and we can see that the Perseus character is more a man and not a god.

And here's an interesting comment from director Leterrier - "I did not know him (Sam Worthington) at all. I only met him once, during the preparation at the casting stage. I had not seen “Avatar” or “Terminator Salvation” at the time, only an Australian film he had done, “Somersault.” I instantly adored him at the casting. He brings such humanity and also such a real physicality to the character. He did all his own stunts and he is really someone who is very dynamic."

The review
If you want to know the whole stoy of Perseus I suggest you read the book, although you can discover a lot of changes but if you are a fan of the book, you might disappointed in the film, but if you are big movie fan and love special effects and monsters, you will love this film and be excited more than I am, but if you are not a fan of any mythology story and movies, you will also be disappointed if you want to see more actions and big giant monsters destroys an entire city. The movie is not all about gods, monsters and not even the Titans, but it is about a demigod Perseus who question his role on the ground being a man only and not a god just like his father Zeus, and also let's not forget about this adventure. If some movies are great with the story and consider it as we're reading them like a book, but here in the Clash of the Titans movie, we can say that it was reading a comic book with full of visuals and effects.

Don't also complain why you don't see any Titan characters here in the movie, according to my research the war and clash of the Titans occur during the war and the defeat of the Titans by the gods of Olympus, the movie title only bounce back to the gods of Olympus and the war turned against them by their most lovable creation - man. We can say gods got their own karma for turning against to their parents - the Titans.

If I'm going to rate this, I will divide myself into 3 person
as a movie fan - 8 stars
Mythology fan - 6 stars
non-mythology fan - 4 stars

and if you will ask me, my rate is 7 stars.

Clash of the Titans will be shown on all Philippine cinemas on April 3, 2010.

CLASH OF THE TITANS
Behind the scene

CLASH OF THE TITANS
Andromeda (Alexa Davalos)

Clash of the Titans
Hades and Zeus (Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson)

Clash of the Titans
Io (Gemma Arterton)

COTT-TP2-067
Perseus (Sam Worthington)

Clash of the Titans
The Kraken ( my fave monster)

COTTV-VFX-003B
Charon ( fave character in the PSP game, God of War : Chains of Oympus ^___^ )