MOVIES: Shrek Forever After laugh at your own risk (movie review by an Ogre blogger)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs638.snc3/32011_127996813877832_127621893915324_341316_3259174_n.jpg
Shrek Forever After is the final chapter of the whole saga and story of Shrek, the former lonely ogre who is now an instant celebrity, a father, a friend, and still an ogre. The film celebrated its first debut on 3D cinema and made it on time in the era of 3D cinema and IMAX, I went to the movie premiere while ago in SM MOA IMAX Theater and my expectations were right that IMAX 3D never fails in any CGI animated movie. (more review below)

IMAX 3D, all eyes on the screen
Everyone enjoyed the IMAX 3D effect and the full color of Shrek movie easily floats and blends infront of the 3D glasses, but I saw the 3D effects are coming to life in some scenes and especially in the 1st part of the film were your eyes will be easily fooled again. I haven't tried the 3D cinema experience in other theaters, but this afternoon Eastwood City just launched the 3D cinema theater in cinema 6, so if you want to try Shrek movie, try 3D cinema and if you are in a budget and want to enjoy the 3D more, then go to an IMAX theater.

Shrek forever
I remember years ago that I saw the movie shrek in cinema and then some part of it are in DVD, I just saw Shrek 3 in DVD when our niece is playing it on the DVD player and she watches it everyday and I observed that the humor and story is a lot more different from all trilogy. Shrek 1 shows how he learned on how to love himself, Shrek 2 - he learns how to gain and love his friends, Shrek 3 - starting his own family and first role as a father, and the last chapter in Shrek 4 or Forever After - he battles his own problem during his mid life crisis, a process of all adults faced after being a teen and do carry lots of responsibility.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs638.snc3/32011_127996773877836_127621893915324_341309_1984529_n.jpg
What the Shrek happens?
A new villain just came in and it is my favorite character of all in the movie, I like Puss in Boots in the previous movie, but theres a lot more fun and humor going on with Rumpelstiltskin, I think the CGI effect made a lot of focus on Rumpelstiltskin, his facial expression, eyes and character is much more developed throughout the movie, everyone is focusing to Rumpelstiltskin and 2nd to Shrek.

Alternate Reality
I like the idea that the movie went over again on the story on how Shrek met all of his friends and his wife Fiona, the alternate reality is a good start to end this movie, and Shrek got the first concept of having another world that will reshape the land of Far Far Away. I like the concept of the story and its more like in comic books.

Story telling
If you haven't watched the other parts of the trilogy, you can easily start watching Shrek 3, I guess that will make you introduce to some characters, Shrek 4 is not the all star, all cast movie but re-introducing the characters in the different way was shown to us in Rumpelstiltskin gimmick to trick Shrek re-create a new world for him.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs608.snc3/32011_127691083908405_127621893915324_340109_6401316_n.jpg
The Humor
the best! I keep on laughing for some minutes after that funny scene. The characters were re-introduced again but in a more funny way, if you know the character from the old Shrek movies, then you can enjoy the movie more and laugh on some scenes.

The End
the movie ends here, and I heard that Puss in Boots will have his own solo movie, I am very interested to know more about it and I just heard this news from Solar-UIP at the movie premiere, looks like our green friend Shrek might appear on that movie.

The score
my score and rating for this movie is 4.5 over 5 stars.
I truly recommend it, and since I'm an incoming father, It is a good movie to learn more on fatherhood and love our partner over and over again.

Shrek Forever After opens on May 20, 2010 in all Philippine cinemas, in 2D, 3D and IMAX