my laptop is back!

CIMG8032
laptop is back! cheers!

I'm really happy that I already revive my laptop back in shape and it took me 2 days to fix everything and re-install those softwares I needed for my work. I'm still observing the activity of my laptop and see if it will fail me again. The kuripot in me strikes again and looks like buying a new and upgraded version of Compaq will be delayed for awhile. But I'm hoping to buy one next week. I need to blog and fill up those holes with work loads because I'm already out of time and deadlines are coming.

more story below


CIMG8030
Compaq Presario C500 is almost 4 years old and it is the most outdated laptop ever ahhaha. I'm having problems with the memory and it can't be expanded. But I'm glad that it work properly now after reformatting it for the first time ahahha.

CIMG8029
The tutorial posted in all those blogs and forum really helped me to install Win Xp again in my laptop. I used the USB as my bootable key and loaded it with WinXP installer. My Win Xp is expired and was used many times in our other computer and Lace's laptop, but it was weird when I reinstalled it again, the expiration is gone and I can use it again for more than 5 install. I don't know if that's true regarding the 5 install limit.

CIMG8027
On the first trial of reformatting it, I used the unconditional format and it took almost half a day to finish around 3% of format, I rebooted and then used the quick format. I check my HD and saw that around 4GB of space was gone and I know that is already labeled with bad sector.

CIMG8026
I reinstalled it again and I see a good performance now with my laptop. Looks brand new. The interface is smooth and flow of data is fine. I haven't tried using my photoshop to see if it will load fast. But in transferring big data files are in flash speed, much more better than the few days I encounter before it crashed.

Looks like we are back and ready to blog!
oh yeah!