COMICS: Death in the DC Universe

act894cvrinks-cmyk1
This is a surprise to all DCU and Sandman fans, coming this October 2010, we will be seeing Death appearing in Action Comics issue 894 and it will be her 1st appearance in the time continuum in the DC Universe, looks like the 75th anniversary of DCU is acting alive again, her first encounter will be the not so lucky Lex Luthor and his quest for power.

Story is written by Paul Cornell and ary by Pete Woods, in the image above is a teaser and also cover done by David Finch.

“Death appearing in Action Comics was my own mad idea, the extreme case of putting Luthor up against characters he’s not used to dealing with I’m very pleased that, after I ran the idea by him, Neil Gaiman approved me using Death in this issue. He’s been very supportive. It’s so. interesting to see her back in the DC Universe. Though Vertigo readers can rest assured that the character, and the way she’s used, will be true to the spirit of what has gone before.” - Paul Cornell said.

for me, this is a must read and have comics title. I'm reserving my bucks here, and I will enjoy this. yay comics!

source