Typhoon Basyang blues and melodies

photo
I still have lots of backlogs and stuff to do after the Typhoon Basyang and the black out incident crippled us at home for 2 days, that includes no electricity and no water. I'm glad that we have a deep well installed in the back of the house, but the water from the well is good only for washing stuff and cleaning the toilet. Mobile networks gone wonky and Globe networks died for a day. The night of July 13, 2010 is so hard for me, after watching the Inception at its premiere night, the moment I stepped out of the cinema and saw strong winds hitting the walls of the mall, I ran and walk fast trying to get my luck to reach the shuttle terminal to my home, and I'm glad that there's two seats left in the shuttle and I was the last passenger they are waiting for.

more story below

After arriving at home, I checked on my son and wife in the room and I changed clothes and clean myself up and boot up my laptop to write my Inception movie review. I noticed that our electricity is fluctuating and noticed the hard hit of the wind and rain that evening. It was around 11pm or nearly 12 midnight and saw that this showbiz news on TV went out of the feed and was replaced by tons of commercials, after I sat on the bed the electricity was gone and it was all black and silence left in our room, then after some nano seconds, the silence was replaced by bang of the window and the howl of the wind.

I tried to be awake that night and waited for the electricity to come out, I went out of the room to check out the doors and our pet cats and dogs outside, I grabbed this Eveready LED flash light that I got from an event and it was very useful. Then I went up to our room carrying an abaniko and started to use the fan to cool us in bed, I'm very worried to my baby boy and don't want him to sleeping without proper ventilation, I fell asleep again in some nano seconds and felt that the typhoon is now have strong winds and rain. Our window is dripping like a water falls and water is every where in the floor and window, and the other room is dripping with rain water entering from the window. Me and my wife manage to fix it by placing our dirty clothes to block the water, and I carried a bucket and place it there and remove all the water from the clothes and place it again in the window. The wind is so strong from 3am til morning, I looked out in our window and saw the mango tree branches are near our place already, and some broken branches were scattered in the lanai floor and roof.

I got tired til 6am, and the typhoon seems to get weaker. I slept again comfortably, and woke up at 1pm. Photo above is from Joni, my sister in law, who got out of the house early in the morning and took a shot of what's left after the typhoon.

All my blog jobs and work are all delayed, all my schedules are gone crazy, because power is out in our place and internet is also not available. I went outside the city to attend the event and used my Asus EEEPC and Globe tattoo internet stick and surf and check my email while riding the bus and taxi, I got so tired and saw that everyone is experiencing some problems in their internet and electricity connection.

It was big headache. I lost a lot of event scheds and missed some emails lately and will have to make my blogging habits normal again. whew!!!