finishing the Autobot campaign

http://images.thekoalition.com/resize/w300-q100/http://images.thekoalition.com/2010/07/1357365-transformers_war_for_cybertron_xbox_360_front.jpg
photo source

Its one of the Christmas gifts from the video game gods for the power to finish the PS3 game Transformers War for Cybertron, I borrowed this game from Gamehopper few months ago, I ordered it online and rented it and then they delivered the game to our house, I'm glad that I finished the game and itching to play more Transformers video game. I read that they are now planning to have a War for Cybertron sequel and the game is targeted to be released on year 2012, that's a long wait for me and I'm happy about the game and I super enjoyed. I finished the Autobot campaign last December 26, and to record my playtime in the whole game, I think I have around 15 hours of playtime adding the days when I turned on the PS3 and turned it off after playing. I'm still thinking if I'm going to finish the Decepticon campaign, because Megatron's plasma gun sucks! its too slow and even it has a powerful blast, it takes too much time of my game play because it always ran out of energy, That's only on the 1st level and I think there are weapons for Megs on other levels. (more story below)


Trypticon is the final boss on the Autobot campaign, and wow! this bot is so big and also cute T-rex battle station robot. It took a lot of tries for me to beat Trypticon and to count the many tries, that will be around 20 tries, been studying the moves and sometimes I became too careless because Im getting tired or busy eating a pichi pichi from our noche buena. But the good part is that I beat him and the game is over!

I like the story behind War for Cybertron and re-writing the story of the war between Autobots and Decepticons are much clearer here. I love the dark energon idea, (and I love the idea to know that dark energon are the blood of Unicron the destroyer, learned about it from Transformers Prime animation). I started to have more interest on Trypticon and now my wallet is crying because I'm going to hunt a Trypticon figure and add it as my personal trophy in beating the game hehehe.

There's a video on the game play here and I like the strategy, but I hide from under the ruins whenever Trypticon throw away those heat seeking missiles and then I go out infront and shoot him on the shoulders, then I ran away by transforming in vehicle mode and hide on the other side, I wait for the dark energon spiders to come out and shoot it, then I go back in the middle and use a big machine gun in shooting Trypticon's shoulder and get ready for more missiles, and I ran again and hide under the ruins,also watch out for his giant tail, you can't miss that and if ever you loose energy, try get one of the energon cubes floating nearby.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID892/images/Trypticon_.jpg
photo source
Trypticon and below him are the Autobots

whew! I'm such a late bloomer on new video games, I think I should play more PS3 games and try my pattern style that I learned in retro games hehehe. All I can say is that Optimus Prime is a bad ass here! more macho in all TF universe.