WIP : my DIY party photo booth

3

I finally figured out on how to make my own DIY photo booth here at home, been researching and preparing for this for our New Year 2011 celebration and then after some rounds of trial and error, after 8 days, the photo booth is working! My wife prepared props, from medical uniforms stores including hats that go with uniform for nurses. I discovered that my Olympus E520 is not compatible to all of those photo booth softwares that are being used by party photo booth service provider, and I tried using the webcam version of a photo booth apps and it never meets my standard when it comes to photo quality.

I also tried the sparkbooth.com app and the photobooth mac clone for pc app, they are fine but it will require me to use my webcam and not my DSLR, sparkbooth app is okay but there are compatibility issues again with my Olympus camera, and then I read over from the Olyclubph forum that there are no compatible apps for any Olympus camera, and I said...damn. I must improvise.

And then here it is! the party photo booth is up (and my nursing uniform) and running, all I need is a red or black cloth for the background, been thinking of using mama's curtain and also a great light set up. I might go to a store tomorrow to buy some light lamps for the photo booth. I have here a night lamp but its too small for the photo booth. I used an exclusive software for Olympus camera, tripod, laptop to store the photos after one shoot and another software. It works so perfect with one push of a space bar button heheehe. We don't have a printer nearby, but If I can connect my laptop, we can now have our own photo printing station.Pero nakakatamad kaya store it sa HD na muna.

We have a timer and its funny that the 1 sec timer I set has a 2-2.5 seconds delayed, so that's a perfect timer for me.

check out some samples below

FourPic_2010-11-3(17-18-21)
trying out the Photobooth for PC
you can download the version here

1
here's from my set up

page3
and another one

If i have time, I can now put up my own party photo booth business ehehehehhe.