Laptop battery problems

battery post
I have my Acer Aspire laptop for almost a year already and now I noticed that it shows that the battery pack drains so fast and it jumps to shutdown even if the battery is still in 22%, I encounter some data loss and also interruption whenever my laptop dies out or turned off automatically, this is due to my carelessness to plug it in the wall. But then i noticed too that my Windows 7 notification of battery level no longer update me if I need to charge the battery before it drains out. (MORE STORY BELOW)

I also experienced this in my other old laptop - Compaq Presario, I experienced battery problems after a year and it discharges. I let it plugged it on the wall forever when I work heavily with my laptop to long hours or sometimes up to 24 hours. I got the idea to google and search for alternative solutions to charge back the battery or do trouble shoot stuff for my battery pack, but i got scared of dissecting and opening the pack, so I scrapped the idea of opening it and maybe save more money to buy or get a repair for my battery pack. My sister in law also experienced the same thing from her Compaq laptop, but then I noticed that my wife is very careful and her laptop battery is always in a good condition, she always disconnect from the electricity wall and use the laptop using its own batteries, I think that’s the way it should be that we never let our laptop be plugged in forever because it might overcharge the batteries and kill its cell and turn it into a laptop heavyload, means unusable piece of junk.

I also heard that removing the battery from your laptop when you are going to work in long hours is okay, just make sure that your laptop is plugged in your electricity and removing the battery will make it not go overcharged and experience a long life for your battery. I consulted that on some tech guys when I attended a laptop launching in Makati and they say that it is okay.

And because that my laptop’s battery is now wonky, I no longer have any choice but to look for alternative ways or buy a new battery for my laptop,and I don’t know how much and where to buy, and its also hard to find a 3rd party brand for laptop battery.

I saw this site called The Acer Guy and I read a good tip about laptop battery problems, he mentioned that sometimes our OS is wonky and failed to read the battery’s condition and charge, all I need to do is deplete all my battery juice and charge the battery back while the laptop is turned off, I think it will work because I noticed few months ago that when I charged my laptop after it dies or turned off, the battery charges perfectly, I’m not even sure if the OS reads it right, but then I have a bad feeling that my OS reads the wrong battery charge, just like the Energizer rechargeable battery issues that I encountered in the past for my digital camera, I also noticed that their chargers are not working properly and it will display a blinking light to your Energizer battery, informing you that you need to change your battery and throw that old one away, but the real deal is that the battery works fine, the charger reads the battery life in a wrong way. I also got a tip from a salesman in a warehouse store inside a mall, he is an Energizer salesman and he even told me to buy other brand and not their brand, because there’s an issue with their charger and the new batteries, I’m not sure if they have corrected this in their new models.

read here at http://www.theacerguy.com/2009/09/battery-drains-fast/ if you want to know more on how to charge back and let your OS read the right battery charge for your laptops.

According to The Acer Guy, if you do his tip for 5-7 times, the OS will read the right battery charge and will give you time to save money to buy a new one, although I find that there’s no assurance if it will work, but I have a feeling that it will work for my Acer laptop.