Cooking with the SM Master Chefs in SM Molino

P7199461 P7199473
P7199514 P7199529

SM Hypermarket celebrates its 10th year anniversary by hosting a cooking session with the different master chefs in every branches of SM Hypermarket and mall nationwide. It’s a free viewing of the cooking show and there’s also free food tasting after every cooking sessions conducted by the master chefs. I got invited to experience the cooking show and I chose to participate their activity in SM Molino here in Cavite. I selected that area because it is near to our house and its just a 20 min drive from SM Bacoor to SM Molino.

MORE STORY BELOW
I went there with some of my blogger friends, Iris of Entrepmom.info and a rep. from Mommylace.com, me and Mommlace arrived late and we missed the opening intro of the cooking show, Iris told me that there’s a group of SM staff or could be grocery baggers went to the front of the audience and they dance with the music. The set up is placed infront of the looby of SM Hypermarket or the grocery area of SM Moliono located at the 2nd floor of the mall, they have a complete set of cooking booth with a mirror on top of the frying pan, so that you can see and view the food and how the chef prepares it, its like a cooking show on TV and its like one of those old tv shows in QTV like the cooking show “Secrets of the Masters”. The chef stands behind the cooking booth and he talks to us , on the side are different kinds of Kikoman soy sauces.

We met our master chef and his name is Chef Deejay D. Santos III, a chef for some companies, cooking brands, restaurants and instructor at SKD Academy. After I arrived at the cooking set, they are already starting and Chef Deejay showed to us on how to mix some ingredients and recipes for a burger patty, at first I didn’t know what will be the 1st cooking recipe, but when he mentioned burger patty, that triggered my tummy to roll around because I love burgers and they are my favorite meal in every fast food and restos.

Chef Deejay showed to us also on how to mold the burger patty using our hands, then I volunteered on an actual molding session and dip it on a heated frying grilled pan with oil, it was a great experience and I haven’t tried molding burger patty myself and its my 1st time also to take part in cooking lesson with a master chef.

The 2nd recipe that he showed to us is a seafood with cream pasta, I don’t have the entire recipe but my mouth becomes watery when I spotted that he cooked the pasta sauce with some yummy seafood and mussels. When I tasted it, I started to wonder that my web hosting needs to be renewed and then my web hosting directory for food in food pilipinas blog needs to add this link.

The agenda of the cooking event is to show to us on the different use of Kikoman soy sauce to your food, upon learning on how to use soy sauces, I experimented few weeks ago in cooking a veggie meal at home, I used the Kikoman less salt soy sauce version to our veggie meal, the event is very inspiring for me because I don’t cook that much and its my come back in cooking after 10 years of going away from the stove, but I think that I need to learn more and get serious in cooking, just like my Dad who is a great cook at home, and I want to show to my kid that his dad is an awesome cook like his grandpa.

Here’s a video of Chef Deejay cooking the pasta for us


Here's the Burger
P7199473

and the seafood pasta
P7199505

The cooking event of SM Hypermarket started last July and up to the month of September, they also have that Kitchen Make Over contest, where lucky shoppers can win a make over by the Philippine School of Interior Design (PSID).

Cooking Marathon SM Master Chefs
There will be also a Supersized Cook-off event series that will attempt to have a culinary record were there will be a cook-off events on 5 different locations and the event will feature the regional dish of each cities.

For any inquiries about this event, just email fbc@smhypermarket.com

P7199440P7199442

 P7199451P7199454

P7199457P7199459P7199460P7199461P7199463P7199471P7199473P7199482P7199485P7199486P7199493P7199494P7199505P7199510P7199514P7199516P7199518P7199529