Im trying the Foodie Delivery of Mercato Centrale @ BGC

mercato delivery SAM_8669
I’m trying the home delivery services that is now provided by our fave weekend foodie market at Bonifacio Global City. The Mercato Centrale @ BGC is now offering home delivery of yummy food that can be bought directly at the Mercato Centrale @ BGC weekend market. I’m surprised that it is the 1st time I heard a local market that can deliver freshly cooked food to your door step and this home delivery service is powered by City Delivery, our reliable food delivery service that covers all major cities in Metro Manila.
(more story below!)


IMG_3918
The food comes to you.

I was contacted to do a test drive on the service provided by Mercato Centrale and City Delivery, it is my first time to try City Delivery and I’m very curious on how their service and system works. For trying food at the Mercato Centrale is not my first time, I visited the foodie venue for 3 times already, and we went there with my family on a morning weekend to eat and enjoy new food that is not available usually in our town and mainstream market, that’s how unique and rare the food being sold only at Mercato Centrale @ BGC.

Here's how the food delivery is good for me, I experienced some problems traveling back to Manila for this season, I live here in Cavite with my family and we sometimes get a schedule to visit the mall and food fest in Manila, our weekend get away were no longer normal because we always encounter this massive traffic and also the weather is not cooperative and oh add the increasing gas prices that we felt almost every week. Traveling is starting to be more expensive, but we know it is very rewarding if we enjoy our time in a mall or in a restaurant after it, but its okay, but the nightmare will come back again if we started traveling back home, were traffic is much more scarier.

By hearing the great news that Mercato Centrale offers a home delivery services, I got excited and want to know more about it, but then I learned that the food delivery service is only available for Manila and heard that if the service goes well, they will open a delivery service outside Manila, I understand that they deliver food via their motorcycle, a good transpo service that can dodge those traffic in Manila,but traveling outside Manila will require them a bigger bike or a delivery van.

Even that they can’t deliver here in Cavite, I told my sister to receive the food in our home in Pasig City, after sending my address and my order to a friend who is in charge of fixing the order of food, I chose a sched for a Sunday to receive the food at a preferred time slot which is around 2pm-4pm. After confirming my order of Big Bob’s burger and Mochiko, they told me that the delivery will be on its way on Sunday, take note that I ordered the food in advance on a week day, so that everything will be covered smoothly without having a hassle ordering food on weekends, because it is a busy day for Mercato Centrale on Saturday and Sunday for massive orders of food from their customers, so its better to order in advance a day before weekend.

Take note that the delivery is only for Saturday and Sunday, because Mercato Centrale is only open on weekends and food will be cooked on the same day of the delivery, the food that will be delivered to you is freshly cooked minutes ago from their home base in BGC.

SAM_8666
On the delivery date around Sunday, the food arrive around 2pm as my sister told me, the food arrived freshly cooked wrapped and placed on a special container with sticker label of Mercato Centrale @ BGC, there’s no special packaging box or plastic for Mercato Centrale, but the packaging comes from the merchant or food seller itself and it is prepared specially for you.

The Mercato Centrale @ BGC Foodie Delivery only offer selected merchants, they are:

1. Bale Dutung –( I love their pan de bagnet sandwich)
2. Big Bob’s Charcoal Grilled Burgers
3. Chuck's Grubberie (specializes in fish and chips)
4. Homemade Ravioli
5. Manang’s chicken
6. Merry Moo ice cream
7. Mochiko
8. Spring by Ha Yuan

You read above that there are two frozen desserts on the list, Merry Moo ice cream and Mochiko,
Yes! They can deliver frozen dessert, but the city covered is only Makati and Taguig City. Luckily, they traveled to Pasig City and the ice cream didn't melt.

update: I received some info that Merry Moo and Mochiko are now available to deliver to any areas covered by City Delivery.

Try Mercato Centrale @ BGC on a weekend, the best is to go there early in the morning to raid all the yummy food, and if ever you have no time to travel and visit the foodie venue, I suggest let the food go to you and try their Foodie Delivery.

to order food, just call 87878 or visit www.citydelievery.ph

They suggested that you order food in 2 days advance on a weekday and if you will order food on a weekend, the real time ordering starts at 9AM-4PM only.

It’s a good start for Mercato Centrale for having a new trend for our tummies, I just hope that they can cater all of their 150 merchants in the future, but as of now,I’m satisfied on the fast service and also the taste of the food.

Here are some photos of the food that we received.

SAM_8683 SAM_8678
Mochiko
I just can't believe that they delivered this yummy Mochiko ice cream in our home, my sister stored it our freezer after it arrived, it didn't melted during the delivery hour.

SAM_8676 SAM_8675
Big Bobs
Big Bobs Super Special & Wine and Cheese Steak Sandwich and a cheese cake
as my sister says.. "kuya and laki nung patty ng burger!),


SAM_8673
The Foodie Delivery service of Mercato Centrale comes a free copy of their mini magazine, its a listing of all food merchants of the weekend market.

SAM_8674
There are articles and also price list of food that are available every weekend at Mercato Centrale


MERCATO-PARTNERS
After trying their service, I was wondering if they deliver food in a hotel. ???
HMMMMMMMMMMMM...Let us try that next time

Like the City Delivery Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/City-Delivery/347210605576

PB211483
Check out also my blog post about Mercato Centrale here at http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/search/label/mercato%20centrale