Homemade Bibingka at home ~ yummy

PB189681
It all started with those trial and error baking moments at home and trying out that bibingka mix that I bought from the grocery, I was surprised last year that there are some bibingka powder mix being sold there and I thought that pancakes and brownies are the only ready to mix ingredients available in the market, but now we have our pinoy cakes being sold and stacked on the grocery rack, my other wish list is that they should sell also some ready to mix puto bumbong. My wife Lace loves to cook and bake here at home, she do that whenever there's free time and if there are some ingredients found in the kitchen, we tried those ready to mix powders and the taste is already close to the bibingka that I always buy in a nearby perya here in our village every Christmas season. (More story below)

Then yesterday, I got surprised that Lace baked a bibingka straight from scratch and not using any ready to mix powder and she baked this giant bibingka! She went to the living room and told me to take a pic of her baked bibingka, when I went to the kitchen with my camera, my only word came out is "wow!"

I tasted the new bibingka version 3.0 and its the yummiest bibingka ever, Lace got her own version and taste for the bibingka, you know that every baker of bibingka have its own style, the bibingka I always buy here always have a big egg inside, and we call it Bibingka ni Lola, it is one of the most popular food here in our mini perya inside the village. My Php 45 has been saved and no need to buy for the moment and time to enjoy eating bibingka in any day here at home.

PB189717
Here's another version of Lace's bibingka, I noticed that the taste becomes tastier when the formula mix is baked on top of a banana leaf. I didn't know that the banana leaf will add good taste factor to the bibingka. But there are still difference when it comes to taste and texture of the bibingka bread if they are cooked in an oven or over a hot coal.

PB189719
And here are the cupcake bibingka version.

I ate the big bibingka after one day of storage in the fridge, I found out that a cold bibingka is more tastier even if they are fresh from the refrigerator. The other morning, I experimented on the small cup cake bibingka and ate them in my breakfast after being reheated in the oven and top with butter and sugar. Lace told me why I put some butter and sugar and then I told her that bibingka should be prepared that way and then I forgot that it is an ensaymada bread that have sugar and butter on top hahhah.

Having a home made bibingka is the best thing here at home
Have you tried making your own bibingka at home?
if you have tips then share it here.