Smog covers Metro Manila this January 1, 2012

P1015212
The new year smog is already visible since 10pm last night, and when I woke up this morning at 6am, the whole city is now covered with white cloudy fog or smog. The smell of fireworks even entered the lobby of the hotel we stayed in here in Mandaluyong, I'm glad that our breakfast buffet is located on the basement and away from the lobby. Smog is so thick and it made my nose and throat itchy. Me and my family are planning to go to the mall later after we check out, but I'm so worried to go out and my baby boy might catch respiratory infection again due to the smog around us. I took the photo above at around 10am and you can see that the smog covers the sky and the ground below, and view of the building are very shady and blurry.

I think my new year resolution for this year is to buy a gas mask for each of us to use for 2013 new year. I hope for a powerful wind or rain that can wash away the smog here in our city.

Happy New Year again!