Hasbro vs. toy Blogger


via Urban Taggers

I read this news just now and I think it will be a tip for my blogger friends, especially to toy bloggers that they should mention their sources of photos or information they blog about especially about leaked info of products. I already got touch base with Hasbro before and they supported a GI JOE event that I organized years ago for their 25th anniversary, but that was a different nature because I never touch base with them me as a blogger, but only as a hobbyist and an event organizer. We don't have local Hasbro office here in Manila, but we only have those licensed company and distributors that take care of Hasbro products here in Manila, but if they need to contact you for legal stuff, I'm sure the internet and their local counterpart can do the job for them. So be careful.

I read the full story posted by Urban Taggers here at http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/free-stuff-from-hasbro-story-of-uts.html#more and Hasbro got on touch with the blogger by baiting them free Nerf guns.

Summary of the story, the blogger posted a feature of Hasbro's unreleased Nerf Gun in their blog and this information was taken from a shopping website based in China. Hasbro contacted the blogger and offered free Nerf guns to give it away to his reader, they need his home address so that they can send the items. But the blogger receive no toys, but a legal notice and letter from Hasbro's lawyer. Then the story continues until the reply from Hasbro's based got weirder.


But with all this drama....I'm still tempted to buy Nerf guns

source