Spanish family quit their job, sell everything and travel around the world

I stumbled this news online while I'm eating my breakfast and its about the family of Fernando Fernandez of Spain and his wife Fleur, plus with their two kids, they went into a journey around the world riding their RV or they call it their motorhome. The story started when Fernando decides to quit his 8 year job and then he convinced his wife, Fleur, to sell everything and travel to around the world together with their kids, they will travel because they want change and also seeks opportunities along the way, one of the reason is the drop of economic status in their home country in Spain.

After discovering their plans and journey this month, I googled and read an article about them - "Spanish Family Quit Their Jobs, Sell All Possessions to Travel around the World in a Caravan" and saw a video interview (in Spanish). Fernando said that they are inspired to do the same adventure after he saw another family went on a trip around the world, I think he refers to that family who rides a car and travel around the world, that family visited us here in the Philippines and they bring great inspirations to others. It inspires me too, because I want to travel around the world with my family, and now I need to work hard in order to start traveling country by country.

I googled again to check out the other family and I stumbled again to this website http://drivearoundtheworld.wordpress.com . A family from Australia who also travel around the world riding their Nissan Patrol.

Here's what I'm talking about earlier, the Zapp family from Argentina, rode their vintage 1928 car and travel around the world, they visited us here in the Philippines last 2010, and read the news again here at http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/11/11/10/argentinian-family-go-world-tour-car

and then I read a cool news here that they celebrate Christmas here in Ilocos Norte, lots of pics here at http://blauearth.com/2010/12/24/the-zapp-family-spends-christmas-2010-in-ilocos-norte/

Going back to the Fernandez family from Spain, their journey already started and you can read their journal and adventure stories thru their blog at http://www.viviendonuestravida.com/ . They have lots of budget now, because they sold everything what they have, their house is now empty and the only possession they got is the RV car, they also got support from family and friends, and also from sponsors. Their blog also generate some money too, all you need to do is visit their blog and click on the links or buy something from their online advertisers, there's also a Paypal donation. The family uses the power of the web and also crowd sourcing to fund their travel adventure, I think it will be better if they started first at  Kickstarter.

For Phase 1, they are targeting to travel around Europe and Asia, and its great that the Philippines is included in their list, they modify their list from time to time,but I hope they won't erase us and I want them to  visit us here. hope to meet them too. Phase 2, is to travel around America and Phase 3, the end of their trip will be in Africa. I noticed that they didn't included Japan, Hong Kong, China, Singapore or Korea to their list, not sure maybe they avoided a difficult terrain of that country.

As of this week, the Fernando family is touring around Spain and then all over Europe, their last blog post showed that they are enjoying a great week in Zaragosa.


It took a while to write because we have been enjoying the family. 
We arrived on Monday night after spending the day in Alicante to fend us a few things for the motorhome. We are very happy with the service and try to Motorhomes Ferrero in Alicante, I recommend it. 
Yesterday, we went to Valencia and enjoyed Bioparc of African wildlife with no less than 35 degrees. The day ticket is rather expensive (22 euros), but all three have 2 bonds would pay annual Berdes Bioparc Fuengirola and we just had to pay an entry. The park is huge and fabulous but an animal appears to be very happy with their fate. The kids have really enjoyed the animals and the show.

That's from their blog, I used Google Translate to change the text from Spanish to English.
Good luck to the Fernando Family, and hope we can meet them here in Manila.

I want to travel again, but I promised myself that I'll go around the Philippines first before going out of the country, I haven't been to other parts of the islands in Visayas and also in Mindanao. Maybe if ever I have budget, I can get my own RV and start roaming around the archipelago.

Do you think a family in the Philippines can do the same? travel around the world riding a car or a van?


(photo above via http://www.odditycentral.com )