Super Moon of May 6, 2012 Philippines

supermoon 2
I heard the news this evening and I researched online about the appearance of the Super moon for May 6th. I read that PAG ASA said that the Super Moon can be viewable at its fullest bright and size starting 6:30pm, but then the news on tv said that the best view for the Super Moon is at 11:30pm. I went out awhile ago at around 6:45pm and I saw a cloudy sky and the clouds is so thick and you can't see the moon anywhere in the sky. I went out earlier at 11:45pm and saw this lovely bright Super Moon floating in the black and silent night sky.

So awesome! hello Super Moon!
took this photo using my Olympus E 520 dslr with 40-150mm zuiko telephoto lens.

Astronomy website Space.com said this month's perigee is the closest of any perigee in 2012 - perigees vary by about three percent since the moon's orbit is not perfectly circular.

"The moon will swing in 221,802 miles (356,955 kilometers) from our planet, offering skywatchers a spectacular view of an extra-big, extra-bright moon, nicknamed a supermoon," Space.com said.

"The result will be a 16 percent brighter-than-average full moon accompanied by unusually high and low tides this weekend and into the new week," Space.com also said
via GMA News