Soundfreaq Sound Kick wireless and portable speakers


Here’s another beautiful speaker that I tested and reviewed, this is my 3rd time to try and use a portable and wireless speaker. I’ve tried the other speaker model of Soundfreaq, and I’m glad that my wish was granted that they should release a wireless and portable speakers for this year, because going portable and wireless are the new trend in audio systems. We know that Soundfreaq speakers were built and design for iOs devices, the old models keep on sticking to Apple products but for the new models they are opening the channel and includes a universal connectivity with other gadgets, say hello to Android and other Bluetooth enabled gadgets and devices, all under the bluetooth tech will be friendly with new models of Soundfreaq.

This Soundfreaq Sound Kick is a cute and portable wireless speaker, when it arrived at home I thought someone sent a red wine, because the packaging looks like a box of a bottle of red wine, so when I opened it, I’m surprised that it is a speaker and its so small and very portable. 

The good stuff of Soundfreaq Sound Kick are:
1. It charges and you can bring the speaker anywhere and use it with your mp3 or smartphone
2. There’s a USB slot that you can use the Sound Kick as your battery charger for your mobile devices
3. Bluetooth friendly to all devices with bluetooth, it can stream audio feed wireless
4. There’s a wired connection for your non bluetooth devices like mp3 players, TV, DVD, laptop or even an old walkman. Sound kick can be your external speaker
5. It is light weight and its easy to carry inside your bag
6. There’s a back panel that can be pulled and shift the speaker up for good acoustics, if you want your music directed to the ceiling and bounce it off to have better music.


It is so thin and I’m sure the power of the speaker will depend on the size of the body, but with new technology being developed, having a small body and speaker can generate good acoustics and bass.


Soundfreaq Logo and the light up indicator – means that you have power or connected to a power outlet

The power button, volume and UQ3

the logo

the Pairing button, backward, next and play/pause button – it works wireless and it can send command your mobile devices so fast

The power plug and the USB slot

AUX in plug

The back of Sound Kick and the shifting panel. I call this the Transformer of Soundfreaq. It transforms kasi

Pull it out and then press power on, the Sound Kick will never power on if the back panel is not pulled out. It’s required to pull its back before powering it on

After I pulled the back panel, I switch it on, see the long white light in the front? it indicates that the Sound Kick is powered up

I pressed “Pair” and then it searches for mobile devices that has bluetooth, I used my Samsung Galaxy phone in pairing it via bluetooth

My phone searches for other bluetooth devices

I paired it in just seconds

Now I can play some music from my smart phone and listen to it wireless with the Soundfreaq Sound Kick speakers

Here’s the power adaptor

the AUX in plugs for your mp3 device

the packaging

The packaging is very informative, listing all features of the item

Here’s what I’m talking about

more details

and a Bluetooth logo

I’m now listening to music

and my action figure of Chuck D comes to life!!! omg


SRP at P4,950
and this can be bought in:
Astrovision
Beyond the box
Gadgets in Style
GUI
iCenter
iGig
iStore
iStudio
Listening Room
Listen Up 
Power Hub 
Digital Hub
and other tech stores in mall



My review:
This is the best Soundfreaq product for me, it has the right technology  - wireless bluetooth, portable and with a lovely USB plug to charge your gadgets. Some speakers got all of this but not the USB plug. I just want to complain on that back panel, because you need to pull it out and before powering it on. Sometimes the Soundkick turns off when I carried it and accidentally pressed the back panel in. I think that’s the ugly part for the Soundkick, having a back panel gimmick. But for users, they should be aware of it and carry the speaker carefully. 

Soundfreaq Soundkick is best for travelers and to people who are always on the go, you can bring this speaker with you if you have mini party with friends and family. Carrying a bulky speaker with sub woffer is no longer convenient, with this Sound kick speaker, you are the new walk man.