Transit of Venus (June 6, 2012 Philippines)


I heard about this news few months ago after the partial solar eclipse last May 21, 2012 and I got disappointed because I missed the astro event, but then I promised myself that I will cover and observe the biggest astro event of the century. The planet Venus will be seen crossing infront of us and between our Sun, this astro event will happen today 6am-12nn and the next is after 105 years . I've check the blogs of my astronomer friends and all of them are on focus to the sky. Check The Sky Above and Journey to the Stars and Astronomical League of the Philippines and Philippine Astronomy Society (there's also news here about the transit of venus )

Here's a video on how the Venus will have its transit infront of the Sun

I will post my transit of Venus coverage later. I'm still in the middle of observation.