Traffic in coastal road and my 4 1/2 hour travel from EDSA-North Ave to Bacoor

IMG_0552
my view inside the bus

Last night is like the end of the world for me, I thought that I'll be home in casket already because of the massive traffic in coastal road, the road that connects Manila to Cavite. I didn't expected the traffic, sometimes its normal to have traffic there if ever the road in Bacoor is flooded or if there's a car accident. But then, I realized that the traffic is not normal and it seems that we are stuck in the middle of the coastal road for almost 3 hours, my travel time coming from EDSA-North Ave going here at home in Bacoor City (naks City na po ang Bacoor) is only 1 hour, or sometimes around 1 1/2 if there's traffic. I got lucky that I'm seated inside the bus and it's a wise move for me to take a bus ride in a Cubao bus terminal, there are lots of bus going to Tagaytay and I always ride there because buses starts from there.

The coastal road was like a giant parking lot for several hours and at first I thought that there might be another big flood on the way, but I know that vehicles will avoid the area and turn back to Manila. Vehicles are not moving and then I just felt that I need to go out and pee. I said to myself that I can handle this and I can control my pee and wait for another hours, but I was wrong. It was a torture inside the bus, holding myself up and want to sleep it over, but I might get an accident and spill the pee all over the bus. I want to go down, but the bus is super jampacked with commuters, its hard to go out and also hard to get in, and I'm not sure if ever I can still save my bus seat if ever I go out.

I logged in to my Twitter and Facebook page and posted shouted.  I read a fellow blogger that she arrived home and experienced a 3 hours traffic, she didn't know what happened. Then I checked for more and noticed that everyone are asking the same question on what's going on. Then I read MMDA's Twitter page about this Blair Carabuena incident...he bullied an MMDA enforcer in the middle of the street and he slapped the poor traffic guy, and everything was captured in video and was uploaded in Youtube.

Ok. I got updated on that, but no sign what the hell happened in coastal road.

Then I noticed that all vehicles started to moved, and I noticed 4 vehicles hitting each other on the road, and then saw that the incomplete construction of the Cavitex road entrance is the main cause of this traffic horror. It was dark and no  lights that can guide the motorist in using the small road that divides motorist going to Bacoor and to Cavitex. The road is rough and muddy, and all vehicles are moving slowly.

A fellow blogger also experienced the traffic horror, and he mentioned that the 4 lane tollgate was turned into 2 lane only...omg.

I felt a great vibe after crossing that boundary, and I arrived home safe  and pee all the way inside the toilet. After cleaning myself up. I hug and kiss a yummy sandwich and watch the tv news...whew!!!

Its weird that the coastal road to Cavitex is still under construction, I mean, that road renovation is ongoing for the past 4 months already and its sooooo weird that I haven't seen any completion of the road and I only observe that the road is starting to rot and becomes worse..  We are paying our tollgate fees and this is the reward we get..

It was a traumatizing experience.. and I'm scared now going back to Manila.

Wake up REVILLAS!!

Here are some comments and twits about the horror last night

@rEguLardReams
Sana naman pag-uwi namin, hindi barado yung ilong ng coastal road.

@k8alvarez
@evrybdyluvsdix Last night I was stuck in Coastal Road for 2 hours. I played almost every game in my iPhone

‏@pauljohniee
Hooo!! Super pagod ako. (from Makati to Cavite.) umalis kami ng 10pm. Ang trapik pa sa Coastal road nung 11pm, kaya 2am na kami nakarating.

@iam_AJunimar
@CaviteXpressway For the past 2 days,it took me 2hrs. to get to Cavitex via Coastal road.Can we please find a way to solve the traffic jams?

@iamkirby23
Hi @MMDA, some portions of South Bound lane of Coastal Road needs some asphalting. Hope you can take action on this. Thanks

@BMDones
Traffic at Cavite coastal road is getting worse than ever!

@ASM183
.@CaviteXpressway if i die of heart failure tonight at coastal road, thank you so much

@Vhinelovesyou
NABIKTIMA NA NAMAN AKO NI COASTAL ROAD KAGABI. 1:30 AM NA AKO NAKAUWI. :(

@migel_bantad
@AelTheVery1st #bacoorcavite haha..I've spent hours sa coastal road kgbi man..I was home 2am

@jhennievillar
Sleepy head! Blame it on the @CaviteXpressway (coastal road) heavy (read: super duper heavy) traffic last night. Booooo!!!

@luar_407
Last night more than 2 hr drive from Coastal Road (MIA Road to Longos) .... expect tonight would improve! Hopefully!

@ruthlesswangbu
Same case for coastal road, calling out the Revillas to make their move, election na next year RT ...

@rowjie
Yesterday... Day 6 of 22. Project is still idle. Decided to go home early. But traffic in Coastal Road last night was extremely heavy! :S

@lesterrific
@CaviteXpressway please do something with the road construction. Last night took me 2h and 30 mins in coastal-cavitex alone! crazy.

@wilkadonya
@lanimrevilla i know you said construction along coastal road is delayed due to rains but could you at least do something about the traffic?

@gardyroxas
Sa pamunuan ng coastal road, sana naman ma grader ang approach ng flyover ng longos

@ootrebzto
Coastal road is now officially a PARKING LOT!!! GRRRRR...

‏@rikititoy
Sa traffic ng coastal road dahil sa construction dapat waived muna toll gate fee. Hindi naman nila kayang bayaran aang perwisyo sa commuters


and here's a twit update from CAVITEX

@CaviteXpressway
Repost: Cavitex is coordinating with Bacoor traffic police to implement counterflow system and use Bacoor-Zapote bridge for Bacoor/LP-bound vehicles starting tonight.

@CaviteXpressway
We are repairing the potholes at the end of Coastal going to Bacoor/LP and repairs should be completed by Friday. Cavitex is coordinating with Bacoor traffic police to implement counterflow system and use Bacoor-Zapote bridge for Bacoor/LP-bound vehicles starting tonight.

@CaviteXpressway
We appreciate your feedback and will make sure they are heard by the appropriate department. We strive to ensure our motorists are heard.