Bite Block– new insect repellent and DEET free


IMG_1450
Here’s a product test of Bite Block, it’s a insect repellent   that can help our kids shooo away those dengue carrying mosquitoes and also other insects that can bite so painful. I remember that we used an old version of insect repellent, and my complain is that the solution is very sticky when it dries up and also the smell is awful and not it leaves us an oily skin after, the hassle is to wash our arms and legs after an hour, I think it’s the old version of insect repellent that can last for an hour only.

But today, Bite Block can save you money, because the insect repellent solution can last for 8 hours, that’s almost a whole day for our clock and if ever we go and do activities outdoors with our kids, Bite Block effectiveness is longer than any other insect repellent. The good part here is that the Bite Block is DEET Free, Im not familiar about DEET, but a simple Wikipedia note guided me and learned that DEET is a very effective insect repellent formula and used by other brands, but there are some problems occurred in other countries that accidental consumption of insect repellent with DEET is deadly to humans. Also DEET is harmful to skin, so that’s the end of the DEET story. I’m glad that Bite Block is mild on the skin, with fresh scent and hypo-allergenic, and contains no DEET.
IMG_1451
So we have different brands of insect repellent here at home,I’m glad that we received a product test bottle (thanks Bite Block) and here I am, the daddy of the house, applying Bite Block to my son, I did the wrong procedure in applying the Bite Block hahahaa, so Sorry, after I applied this, I read the label in the bottle that I should apply the lotion first in my palm and then apply it to my kid’s arm and legs. Okay, I will never do this again, next time…  read the label first.

IMG_1454
After applying Bite Block, by the way, I applied Bite Block Kids to my son and then I used the Bite Block Daily, they have two kinds of Bite Block, one is good for kids as young as 6 months old and the other one for long lasting protection against mosquitoes. 

I talked to my son’s care person, Ate “M”. and I told her to check out the Bite Block and let me know her reviews, then she told me that the Bite Block is mild and not sticky like the old brand we are using,she likes the scent and also the effectiveness that it can last up to 8 hours. I don’t know if it works if the mosquitoes really go away, I haven’t seen any mosquitoes back then when we go out, or maybe I can go out or sleep outside the house to test it hahahaha.

I’ll add Bite Block to my list of “must bring” items during my travel adventure.



Here are some guidelines via Bite Block,  to make sure that our kids is safe.
1.  Remember that not all insect repellents are created equal. For children, it’s best to choose brands that have been tested safe for children as young as 6 months and are mild and hypoallergenic.
2.  One of the safest insect repellent to use on your Kids are DEET-free, at the same time should provide atleast 8 hours of protection. Be worry free when your kids are in school, during playtime or sleeping. Opt for a brand that offer these features.
3. In addition to the application of an insect repellent, you can dress children in thin, loose-fitting clothing in muted colors. Encourage them to wear socks and shoes instead of sandals. Be mindful of where you let your kids play as well.

Bite Block is available in 50ml, 100ml, 5mlx5 tradebox and 5ml sachets in leading supermarkets and drugstores nationwide.