Post your Facebook status and check in via Foursquare while in flight


DSC00060
Posting status message in Facebook and Twitter, posting a blog in Blogger and Wordpress, watch videos in Youtube, do live streaming in Ustream or check in via Foursquare, it seems normal and common, but the next big hit is that you will do this while board the plane. Yes, its happening and it will be available in other airlines, but for now the in-flight wifi is available in Singapore Airlines. But...not yet here in the Philippines.

It’s a great news that there will be a new service for internet beings while flying on a plane and kill boredom by surfing the net or post stat updates and checking in the skies or above the ocean near a country. But it will require you to pay for it before using the Inflight connectivity service. The rate is $25 for 30 MB of data or pay another package of $10 for 10 MB of data.

According to CNNGO, other international flights will have inflight connectivity service –

“Other airlines already offering Wi-Fi and mobile services to their passengers on international flights include British Airways, Thai Airways, Oman Air, Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, Lufthansa, Saudi Arabian Airlines, EgyptAir, Libyan Airlines, AirAsia, TAM, Aeroflot, Air New Zealand, TAP Portugal and Emirates” – CNNGO
I’m excited for this, and I hope our local flights like PAL or Cebu Pacific will have their own inflight connectivity onboard, Do you think that SMART or GLOBE can provide us a similar service like in Singapore? hmmm. I’m sure SMART can handle it since the LTE connection is here and they can offer it also for our local flights.

I can imagine myself posting a video blog or a Facebook status --
“Plane already take off….”

CIMG9144
then Instagramming some pics
”photo today: I’m above the mountains of Cordillera region”

SAM_4074
or tweeting
”flight attendances are break dancing inside the plane and its raffle time!"

But in every flight I ride on, I always enjoy eating or read a book or magazine, Im sure grabbing a wifi connection will be more fun, but If ever I’ll pay $25 for a 30 MB, I’m sure my status updates and surfing will last for 30 minutes only. I think its okay, but for now, I’ll imagine myself munching those inflight food and a bottle of iced tea. yummy!

read more news here at http://www.cnngo.com/singapore/visit/singapore-airlines-launches-flight-wi-fi-mobile-phone-services-872101

read Singapore Airlines in flight connectivity service - http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/en_UK/flying_with_us/inflight-connectivity.jsp