Inline with the 91st anniversary of Isla Lipana & Co.,a Philippine member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), they just launched another CSR project for the year 2013, they are now compiling and searching for the “Top 10 Philippine Gems” – The Philippine Gems aims to recognize up and coming destinations in the country through online voting from 26 June to 9 August 2013. Philippine Gems will showcase not the usual tourist spots but rather the wide range of diverse and hidden natural wonders that bejewel our country from Batanes in the North to Siargao in Mindanao.
The Top 10 Philippine Gems will help more awareness to local and international that there are so much beauty here in our country. Not only to promote the country, but also to help the economic activity in this localities to flourish and individual town will have business that will follow. And knowing if individuals come, business may follow.
The project will also help to promote more the town and also get propose developments in the future. After this project, they will turn over this to our Dept. of Tourism and the company’s intent is to build more relationship to the local government.
“The increased awareness and appreciation of our country by our own citizens and the rest of the world will give it more prestige and attraction. Eventually, we trust that this initiative will pump prime economic activities in the areas we are highlighting,” said incoming Isla Lipana & Co. Chairman, Atty. Alex Cabrera
The project started by doing a survey with travelers, bloggers and with the tourism authority and officers, from 175 destinations from the Philippines, they present to us a short list of 25 top emerging destinations here in the Philippines and now they ask for your help to vote for your TOP 10 Philippine Gems.
Philippine Gems is in partnership with the Philippine Tourism Promotions Board of the Department of Tourism and the University of the Philippines-Asian Institute of Tourism.
Screening committee and judges are :
- representatives from FleishmanHillard Manila
- Management Association of the Philippines
- travel blogger James Betia
- media personalities Love Añover
- Jing Lejano
- Jose Javier Reyes.
Choose your top 10 Philippine Gems and visit www.philippinegems.com
Shortlisted destinations are
Apo Reef Natural Park
Biri Island Rock
Bucas Grande Island
Busuanga and Coron
Cagayan de Oro City
Kapurpurawan Rock Formation
Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park
( bloggers commentary: looking at the list… I learned that I have visited three destinations , hope I can visit other sites like Pinatubo, Sagada, Taytay, Palawan and Batanes )
Here are some tips on how to vote your top 10 Philippine Gems
- Go to www.philippinegems.com/voting
- Choose your 10 destinations, remember that you can vote at least 3 and maximum 10 destinations per person
- if you have Facebook and Twitter, you can use your own account to vote
- just click the buttons Facebook or Twitter
- then slide the captcha lock to validate that the submitter is human
- you can also vote via submitting your email address
- remember…. one vote per person only
- Then after clicking the submit vote… I like to request that you put my name – Azrael Coladilla or Azrael’s Merryland Blog, as the referrer to you for the Philippine Gems voting. They just want to know where you discover this campaign.
After submitting…..you can share it to your Facebook and mention that you already gave your vote for the Top 10 Philippine Gems.
Voting period will end on August 9, 2013.
here’s my photo coverage from the Media briefing and also Isla Lipanas’ launch of Philippine Gems and celebration of their 91st anniversary.
There are so much beauty here in our country, we are so lucky that they are just right infront of our nose and we should be proud to promote this, because of this Philippine Gems…it is really more fun in the Philippines.
Congrats to all! and also to Isla Lipana & Co. for taking the initiative to help promote our country.