Here’s a shout out to all those who are in the business communication industry and also to students, inline with the 30th anniversary of IABC Philippines (International Association of Business Communicators) , they launched the 12th year of the Philippine Quill Awards this 2013 and also 2nd Student Philippine Quill Awards. Now accepting entries for their 42 categories.
Early bird registration is on July 31, 2013 and deadline is August 16, 2013. For more information you can get the full mechanics at www.iabcphilippines.com , Facebook: IABC Philippines, Twitter: @IABCPH for inquiries you can email at email@example.com
I’ve heard of this award already and almost every year, the people in my Facebook and Twitter who are working in a PR or marketing agency keeps on sharing their shout outs that their agency and projects won an award. This year will be another competition to get the award and be recognize with excellent use of communication. I didn't expect that making an entry is not easy and this require full expertise in the field. Kudos to all who joined in the previous years and won an award.
Philippine Quill Awards
- is the country’s most prestigious awards program in the field of business communication. Organized annually by the IABC Philippines, it has given its seal of approval to the most reputable organizations and corporations to achieve business goals, and to make a difference in society.
For the Student Quill
- it aims to showcase outstanding communication work by the country's next generation of communication professionals who are students of communication, public relations, business, journalism, graphic design, marketing, advertising and other similar fields in universities and colleges nationwide.
Communication strategies of each organization and corporation will be reviewed and graded by the judges and members of IABC Philippines. They have 42 categories covering 4 divisions – communication management, communication research, communication skills and communication education and training.
There will be also special awards like the Top Award, Top Agency and Top Student Quill.
full list of categories - http://iabcphilippines.com/ph-quill-awards/categories/
This is open for all top corporations, communication agencies, government institutions to small to medium size companies, NGO, and schools. Each participant should choose which category their entries belong, big tip is that you have to make sure that your entry falls under the right entry or else the judges might get confuse about your paper and presentation.
The Quill is just a start, because there’s an international counterpart – the Gold Quill Award, organized annually by the IABC based in San Francisco, USA, it’s a big network of 15,000 business communication professionals around 80 countries.
To prepare on the big submission for the Quill awards, IABC Philippines is also inviting you to join in their seminar for professionals and students.
For professionals – How to write a winning Quill this July 19 @ Unilab Bayanihan Annex at 1pm
read the poster above for full details
For students – a seminar about on How to write a winning student Quill, will be on July 19 at the same venue of the professional seminar.
Winners from 2012 Philippine Quill Awards
Top Award in Communication Creative : Startworks
Top Award in Communication Management : Smart Communications
Top Award in Communication Skills : ABS CBN Corp
Top Award in Student Division: DLSU
Are you ready to join ?
I’m also looking forward on who will bag the award for Social Media and events
SOCIAL MEDIA PROGRAMS
- A social media strategy engages internal and external audiences in conversation.
- Entries in this category may use conversation-enabled publishing platforms such as blogs and podcasts, social networks such as LinkedIn and Facebook, democratized content networks such as wikis and message boards, micro-blogging sites such as Twitter, content-sharing sites such as YouTube and Flickr, and virtual networking platforms
SPECIAL EVENTS – EXTERNAL (REVISED)
- Planning and execution of a special event for an external audience
- Examples includes conferences, workshops, anniversaries, official openings, product launches, road shows and customer events
Good luck to all!!!
Maybe in the future....one of us bloggers can take home a quill award :) what do you think?