Project Kisame meet up later

Project Kisame
I just stumbled this meet up sign up in Facebook events section and I got attracted to it, because I'm so fascinated by the artworks on the walls and ceiling of our old churches here in the Philippines, I visited some of the old churches that aged and restored and some stood here in our islands way back after the Spanish invasion.

About Project Kisame
Building an active and sustaining community of advocates and collaborators on the awareness and preservation of church ceiling paintings in the Philippines

Project Kisame is a multifaceted and socially-engaged community of followers, advocates and collaborators with interests on church ceiling paintings in the Philippines. On the most basic level, the community shares the same appreciation on the extant ceiling paintings of more than 60+ Spanish-era colonial churches around the country, and at the same time ignites exchanges of theories, ideas and concepts, and putting action into them.

PROJECT KISAME works on a set of themes:

1.) Bridging information technology and heritage conservation
2.) Engagement with the local parishes and communities
3.) Cross-interest dialogue, collaboration and co-creation
4.) Creating adaptations from inspirations
5.) Apostolate for the church and for the country

more details here at http://www.facebook.com/ProjectKisame

I joined because I want to learn more from the founder of this new community on how we can educate our locals for preservation and conservation of those artworks. I joined because I already felt a big disappointed after I saw an original painting in an old church in our province that was replaced by a new wall..as of now I'm still clueless on what happened to that artwork of Jesus painted in the wall.