I’m not ready to go back to skating

IMG_8926
I got the craziest idea hours ago, I decided to go out in my pair of inline skates and plan to cover the Bakood Festival in the next town. I over estimated myself and thought that I can keep on striding til I reach my destination, but I realized that my body is not yet in good physical condition, I recovered from a stomach ache this morning and after eating my lunch, I heavily stride using my skates from our home going out of the village. As soon as I reached the highway, it was busy and its hot!

I retired already in skating and my last time to skate in full was in year 2003. My modified inline skates (Roller Blade brand) is for aggressive inline skating and no longer for slalom or derby, but my wheels and bearing are still here and a bit dirty. I will recover for now, my legs are in pain, because I don’t have any exercise for so many years and here I am, kicking, jumping and striding the pavements again.

But I discovered that I can still do this.. even if I’m so fat and old, I can still glide in the road or even highways. Now my challenge is to stay fit, make my legs stronger and after a month of training and workout. I will stride from home to Global City. Okay that’s a project!!!

But first…I need a new inline skates.

The old one I’m using is a Roller Blade ABT series, it was worth $250 US in 1995. This is the only surviving skates that I have, my two other skates disintegrated without warning arghhhh, because it stayed in a closet for many years. The Roller Blade ABT is a gift from my Aunt Zen in the US. Its very special to me now, because I still use it after 18 years.

IMG_8927
Here’s my look..super tired and disappointed that I didn’t even reached the next town. It was so hot and my body is not yet in good condition.


IMG_8928
I removed my skates and decided to walk home…

I took a stop over in SM Bacoor, there I rest and after 30 minutes, I went home..and the heavy rains welcomed me..then the street starts to flood. crap!!! its difficult to skate back home..so I just walked…urghhhh!!

Btw, I’m into inline skating since 1993 and I decided to quit for awhile in year 2003.
But hey! I won an award in a slalom race back in 1994.. that’s 2nd place yo!!!