(screen cap from Flickr's blog)
There's a new update from Flickr and its a new feature for the web embed of your photos to your website or blogs. They uses a new web embed feature in iframe script, this gives more Flickr feature to your web embed photo.
The new update includes
1. When you embed the photo or video to your website or blog, the photo will also display the user's name and title of the photo at the lower left corner, it will watermark automatically onto the photo.
2. You can navigate through the embedded photo by exploring the entire photo set by scrolling to the left or right, you can also press "like" to the photo by clicking that watermarked star below, control the photo if you want to view it large version.
3. When you embed the photo using the iframe format, Flickr will automatically embed it with their LOGO!!!! that's right!!! their LOGO comes in to your photo, sounds like they own your photo noh?
But that's okay, you can voice out and tell Flickr that the logo watermark is a bad idea - https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211185-us-flickr
read more about the update here at Flickr blog - http://blog.flickr.net/en/2013/12/18/flickr-web-embeds/
Here are some of my suggestions
- they can place the username, title of the photo and Flickr logo out of the photo, they can post that below the photo as a text with links
- slideshow feature, I hope they can make an awesome slideshow feature
here's a sample photo post with the iframe embed
Now you see the problem ?
Flickr's logo overlapped onto my own watermark.
its a total mess!!
I think this feature will work for photos without watermarks
but I'm glad that the a href embed is still present