Pop Talk Dec 2013 part 1: breakfast in Highlands Coffee in GMA-Timog Ave

PB176891
Last Nov 16, I received an invitation for my wife Lace, and the message came from the researcher of Pop Talk, a show of food, lifestyle, travel and tech review in GMA News TV, the show airs every Tuesday at 10pm. Me and my wife are now a regular guest in Pop Talk. Jane of Pop Talk informed me they like to invite Lace again to be a tv guest reviewer for their Christmas episode on Dec 3, 2013. I told her that I’ll forward the message to her ASAP, then my wife agreed and we went to GMA the next day for the tv taping of Pop Talk.

We went there so early because we want to avoid the traffic jam in EDSA and we don’t want the taping to be delayed, I told my wife that there’s a Highland scoffee shop infront of GMA Network, we went there and stayed for 1 hour and took some bite for our breakfast.

I ordered that Vietnamese coffee in Highlands Coffee, they are the only café that sells this authentic “Café Sua Da” Vietnamese style coffee and I can say that this is the bomb of all coffee!! tastes glorious! Its my 3rdt time in my life to try again a Vietnamese hot coffee. Some Vietnamese resto offers this but now I can drop by anytime to a Highlands Coffee branch just to enjoy this super strong coffee.

I love super strong coffee…lalo na yung nakakapagpabilis ng tibok ng puso hahahah.

PB176892
Also I found out that they also sell this Crough-Nuts at Php 99 a piece.
I bought this strawberry flavored crough-nuts and the café staff told me that it is the best seller.

PB176893
There it is… Php 99 only


PB176894
The branch of Highlands Coffee in GMA- Timog Ave is big, they have two levels and plus two veranda for diners. (and smokers)

At the 2nd level, they have this big projector the streams cable shows

PB176895
Here’s my breakfast.

the staff helped me set up my Vietnamese coffee, he poured boiling hot water to the coffee drip with grounded strong coffee, we let it drip for 10 minutes into the coffee mug with condensed milk.

PB176899
After the final drip, I poured more hot water to complete the process and then stir it.


PB176901
tadahhh!! my café sua da!!!

The coffee is like a Manny Pacquiao punch to your chest hahahaa, I can feel the after effect of coffee after some hours… geez…looks deadly but yummy!

I will visit you again Highlands Coffee!!


PB176902
After our one hour breakfast, we went inside the building of GMA Network and there we met the producer of the show, the make up artist, the show’s researcher and one of the tv guest.

Lace is having a fast make over for the tv taping hahahaha.

They will visit 3 Christmas bazaars in the metro and they will review it according to value of money, comfort and security and wow factor!

Go to my next blog post to read the 3 bazaars feature.

Pop Talk
http://www.facebook.com/PopTalkNewsTV
every Tues at 10pm in GMA News TV
hosted by Tonipet Gaba