List of children’s playground for free in Metro Manila ( 2014)

P1316765
I got this idea of creating a list of the best children’s playground around Metro Manila after we do our frequent visit in Mushroomburger’s free playground in Tagaytay City and also visiting some playgrounds in Manila. I wondered how many FREE playground that we have here in our city, I just saw the children’s playground in Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur, and they got a nice outdoor playground for FREE, the most impressive is that Hong Kong have lots of playground in almost every corner of the street. I super want to have more playgrounds in Manila for our kids, I also saw some playgrounds in the province and they are also nice and well maintained. But why not the same here in Manila ?

During my childhood years, around the 80’s, my parents and family always visit Rizal Park and the clean version of Manila Bay, I remember that we have lots of playground spots in the past but as time goes by they start to deteriorate due to lack of maintenance and care, all of the old playgrounds are gone, but the new admin of the park relocated them in other area and did some renovations of the old existing play areas.

Kids really enjoy playing outdoors especially if there are in a playgrounds, we want our son Ashton to experience the great outdoor, trying the climb and slide playground and do some obstacles. For us parents, we prefer playgrounds that are well maintained, clean, no damage, secured and kid friendly. we spotted some good playgrounds around Manila and I want to include it here in my list, the next time you go to Manila, you can create your own adventure with your kids and visit the playgrounds in one day.

My focus for this blog project list are for the free entrance playgrounds and not the indoor playgrounds which requires you to pay for an entrance fee.

I also included some community children’s playground below, recommended only for those who live in the area.

so here’s my recommended children’s playground in Metro Manila that are open for everyone.

P1255810
1. MUSEO PAMBATA, MANILA
Its FREE! There are no entrance at this playground but the museum area requires you to pay for around PHP 150, but that’s okay, if your kid wants to play and want to try the obstacles and the slide. They can play unlimited here, I think this playground is the most secured, because its located inside the vicinity of Museo Pambata, there’s a gate and security guard, but we advised the parent to watch over their kid especially the toddlers.

P1255811
Kids can do role play games inside this helicopter, it’s a real helicopter displayed infront of the playground here in Museo Pambata. There’s a slide at the back where they can try the highest slide in the park.


P2238093
2. SALCEDO PARK, MAKATI CITY
One of the best children’s playground in Makati, I saw this during the early days of the Sunday Weekend Market in Salcedo, our son loves to play here trying the big slide and crawl obstacles. The entire playground is on a soft rubbery mat, protection for kids just in case they fell down on the floor. The playground area also serves as a play area for kids who lives in nearby condos and villages within Salcedo, the playground is open for all and its free.

P2238115
3. LEGAZPI PARK, MAKATI CITY
Another playground area at the other side of Makati, closely similar to the one in Salcedo Village, Makati. Its free for all, there’s a green grassy field for more outdoor activities and sport. But its hot here during the afternoon, most people go here in the morning and at around 4pm.

The playground is also free. You can go here if you get tired roaming around the mall in Greenbelt to get some fresh air and see your kids enjoy the park. You can also do picnics here.

IMG_5541
4. BONIFACIO HIGH STREET CHILDREN’S PLAYGROUND
I saw a glimpse of this playground when my taxi drove infront of it, It’s a nice park when you look at the photo, but when I went back here and took this photo, I went up close to the playground and saw that it is not well maintained, there are lots of vandals all over the metallic bars and play area of kids and I also spotted lots of “batang hamog” or street kids roaming around, staying, sleeping and playing, I hope they provide a guard here just to watch over the activities of these street kids.

We parents and guardians should not let our kids play alone in public or private owned playgrounds, I hope that BGC can repaint the playground.


IMG_5570
5. MARKET MARKET CHILDREN’S PLAYGROUND
My son first playground in his life hahaha. His first slide is here in Market Market, we visit this place whenever we are in BGC because there’s a big free playground for everyone located at the back of the Market Market mall. There are two clusters of children’s playground, on photo is the larger version of the playground and then at the other side is a smaller version.

There’s security guard and also barrier with plants that surrounds the entire playground.


IMG_5578
6. MANILA OCEAN PARK CHILDREN’S PLAYGROUND
I saw this playground too when our car passed by going to the exit. I didn’t know that Manila Ocean Park have their own outdoor playground, I just hope they relocate it an area that is visible to many people. When I first saw this, I spotted some homeless people living in the playground. I’m not sure if they maintain it properly, the photo above is from 2013 and my last visit here was this early 2014.

But it’s a free playground for all, if you come here and spotted the homeless people loitering around I suggest you go to Museo Pambata which is located nearby.

photo via http://sidneyenyen.blogspot.com/2013/09/manila-ocean-park-adventure.html



index
7. CIRCLE OF JOY IN QUEZON CITY MEMORIAL PARK
I know that there’s a children’s park in QC Memorial Park but I didn’t expected that it’s the best playground ever in Metro Manila. I just saw this photo online from a blog site, the blogger took photos of their fun adventure here in Circle of Joy, the playground is FREE and I think it’s a portion of the entire playground that offers free entrance, because according to the blogger, there’s another playground nearby Circle of Fun that requires everyone to pay PHP20 per person.

If ever we will go out again, I will visit this playground personally with my family. It looks fun.

photo via http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2013/03/an-afternoon-at-quezon-memorial-circle.html


For me, I think the playground that I posted above are my top 7 children’s playground in Manila that offers for FREE.

below are some community playgrounds that are totally free but located in the vicinity of their respective town.

IMG_5651
8. PLAYGROUND IN SOUTHWEST INTEGTRATED TERMINAL (COASTAL TERMINAL, PASAY CITY)

9. DAKOTA PLAYGROUND IN ADRIATICO, MALATE

photo via: http://ecowastecoalition.blogspot.com/2011/11/toxics-watchdog-raises-concern-over.html


10. PLAZA AZUL CHILDREN'S PLAYGROUND IN QUIRINO AVE, PANDACAN


photo via: http://mypandacan.com/archives/1739

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/59864440.jpg
11. PLAZA DE LA VIRGEN CHILDREN'S PLAYGROUND IN WEST ZAMORA ST. PANDACAN

photo via http://www.panoramio.com/user/4955072?photo_page=192&comment_page=2


Manila Sacramento Children's Playground
12. MANILA SACRAMENTO PLAYGROUND

photo via: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/59638533

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgGSh91XUEVc1-jHxqNM5EZgsChsgmb3f2BX_sfLhGFJANtOri471qVN2E_PqmFLVdFYV3X0foIWfIIv2TflFxtaX_nF323xHoWlHrydYmpeHldK30-g0DgvsLbfh-FgZaShj7g/s1600/DSC05401.jpg
13. DELPAN TENEMENT CHILDREN'S PLAYGROUND

photo via http://willsattention.blogspot.com/2012/07/unsupervised-childrens-parkour-at.html


About lead in painthttp://ecowastecoalition.blogspot.com/2011/11/toxics-watchdog-raises-concern-over.html
I also encountered a blog of the Eco Waste Coalition about their advocacy to ring a bell to the local government to not use a paint with lead. They tested some playgrounds and found some big strain of lead paint that was used in painting the playground facilities.


My search for more playgrounds
This is my initial post and search for more playgrounds around the metro, if you know a playground that is worth visiting, then let us know by posting a comment and photo url below.