Entertainment | Movies | Music/Concerts | For the Geeks | Food | Shopping | Travel | Fashion | Tech/Gadget | Social Media | Photography | Blogging | Videos |
Video Blog | Contest | Events | Coverage | Press Release |



Brigada: Adventures in Marogondon, Cavite



I was a guest and co-host for this segment of Brigada to feature Maragondon as the next travel and adventure destination near Manila. Go watch and discover what the town can offer for tourism.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Bird photography at home

P3162304 crop_Snapseed
I have some bird photo collection in my archives, these are birds that I took photos while they are in the wild. I didn’t got a chance to publish some photos here in my blog, but let me start a new set and show here some photos of birds that regularly visit our tree here in Cavite. Every summer these birds are very active and noisy in the morning. I discovered their bird activity when our pet cat caught a small bird youngling, I’m glad that the bird didn’t died from the bite of our pet cat, I took the bird away from my cat’s mouth and kept it in a small cage for the bird’s recovery, there are no wounds but the legs and wings are weak. I let the bird recover and release it after some days. I went online and did some search and I learned that its a fan tail bird that usually found in South East Asia.

2 months ago, I picked up my Olympus E-520 DSLR with 40-150mm lens and took some shots of the fan tail birds hovering around our garden and mango trees. Photo above is a kind of fan tail bird that hovers around with another bird, I think its their mating season.

P3162344 crop_Snapseed
Yellow-vented Bulbul bird
I just Google the kinds of birds found here in the Philippines and I just compare my photos with the archive photos from the net to identify the kind of birds.

P3232356 crop_Snapseed
I found another fan tail after a week of taking a photo of that hovering fan tail bird


10253870_10152423762829276_7919393670903464324_n
Here’s a heart breaking moment… we caught three kids climbing our mango tree and when I went outside to check them out, I was figuring out that they might be harvesting some green mangoes fruit, my agenda was to tell them to go down and they can keep the mango fruits, but as I approached the tree, one of the kids told me that they are capturing some bird younglings resting in a nest inside the bark of the mango tree, I told them what kind of bird it is.. they told me that it was like a pigeon kind of bird. I got mad at them because I’m observing these birds at home and these kids are poaching it and sells the younglings to a nearby pet shop. geez.. I told them to go home and never go back again.

Witnesses told me that these kids visited our mango tree three times already, after 4 hours, I spotted them again near our tree… they ran away when I caught them again.

1175482_10152423762369276_7645665244838712730_n
I think it’s a young bubul bird.

I asked the kid what kind of bird and then he showed me this…..
I told them to return it to the nest, but the other kid who holds the youngling bird said that they found this bird from another tree. I can’t do anything yet…I just can’t call the barangay to arrest these kids, I want to confiscate the bird, but I don’t have a proper cage at home. I let the three kids getaway that day…but as of now…I don’t know what should I do.

The blogger

Azrael Coladilla is the blogger and founder of Azrael's Merryland Blog. This blog started as a personal blog in 2003, and then converted the blog into a lifeblog about his interest and reporting about pop culture, lifestyle, entertainment, technology, food, travel, toys, outdoor adventure, internet and social media. Awarded as the 2009 Most Influential Blogger for Luzon, Philippines, awarded by the Philippine Blog Awards. He is the founder of several online communities - Manila Bloggers Network, PBNetwork PH, Oh My Food! community, Cavite Bloggers, Travel and Blog Community, and Philippine ToyCon. He loves to travel, explore, discover, eat new food, document and record his life, meet new people, do photography and collects Transformers toys.


eXTReMe Tracker