Marriott Hotel Manila recently launched their July 4th celebration by coming up a month long special featuring the best of American cuisine. This July 2014 expect a red, white and blue theme for their dinner and wine buffet. There’s also a guest chef that will cook and also teach you the American cooking style. Its not just food, but also American pop culture will be present, from Elvis music to Harley Davidson up to the popular beers in America.
here’s a check list of what you can try in Marriott’s All American All Good celebration
1. All American Buffet Dinner at Marriott Café – July 9-31, 2014, dinners from Sundays to Thursday features the American dinner buffet for a price of PHP 1,950 nett.
“There’s an appetizing array of artisan American cheeses best paired with freshly baked breads and cold cuts. Part of the Chef’s salad creations are the waldorf salad with buttermilk dressing, macaroni chicken, and potato salad. For meat lovers, the Butcher Class is brimming with rib eye steaks, tenderloin, striploin, and pork chops where you can have the liberty to choose your preferred herbs and spices like Marriott Café 13 Spice rubs, herbs, spcies, Cajun spice, rosemary oil, spicy oil, truffle oil or pomace olive oil.
Head to the Rotisserie’s Finest where US Prime Rib of Beef and Crown Pork Ribs are served with hot sides of creole potato wedges, garlic, sweet corn, baked potato stuffed with cheese, and grilled vegetables. The Country Steak Fried Station on the other hand has mushroom gravy and potato mash.
For those yearning for Western Specials, there will be homemade meat loaf, homemade mac and cheese, Jack Daniels BBQ Pork Belly steaks. Savory treats include pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie, cherry pie, and warm bread pudding with maple crème anglaise and pecan brittle.
If you can’t get enough of these American desserts, Marriott Café also has Mississippi mud cake (a must try!), blueberry cheesecake, maple crème brulee, summer berry trifle, red velvet cake, S’mores cupcake, and classic brownies.
The gelato station has American inspired candy bar flavors like Snickers choco gianduja, M&Ms dolce latte, tiramisu kit kat, Hersheys cookies and cream, Butterfinger dolce latte and Black forest Nestle crunch. Also include – Chef John Haven’s signature dishes and the Certified Angus Beef.
2. Cru Steakhouse feat. Chef John Havens and Beringer Wines – on July 12 at 12nn-2;30pm, for a price of PHP 2000, get a first hand experience and learning from Chef John Havens, the guest chef for their month long event. He will be there on July 12 for lunch and cooking session about American food + there will be a wine sommelier that will help you pair the best wine for your American food.
3. Wine and dinner set for a price of PHP 3,250 nett this July 17. Chef John Havens will be cooking and serve the food directly to you feat. Cured US Veal Tartare, Shrimp Gumbo soup (this is good!), Grilled USDA Angus Tenderloin, Text Mex Casserole with Red wine Jus. All food will be paired with Beringer wines.
4. American Greats at the Great Room – on July 8-16, enjoy some good Budweiser beer and Jack Daniels inside the Great Room. Pair your drinks with a nice yummy US Angus Beef sliders and other American specials, eat and oggle with lots of RJ Guitars and Harley Davidson bikes. And on July 9-31 at 6-7pm, all Budweiser beers are buy 1 take 1.
5. A wine affair with Robert Mondavi – on July 11 at 7pm-1030pm. A social event called “Out of the Box” brings together Robert Mondavi’s brilliantly crafted crisp wines fresh form Oakville while enjoying Chef Haven’s live cooking demo of appetizers using US Certified Angus Beef. Enjoy listening to rock bands as they play the hits from the American music albums.
For reservation and inquiries, call (632) 988-9999
here are some photos from the launch event