Its another time of the year when the FHM 100 Sexiest Women victory party is back. The event will start later this afternoon and everyone are already getting crazy and excited because this is one spectacular event that you shouldn’t miss. I go gaga crazy few days ago because I don’t have yet a ticket for this annual sexy event by FHM Philippines. Thanks to www.WheninManila.com for the guest listing and awarding us a pass from their Twitter contest. I changed my schedule today and I will attend this later, rain or shine! I must attend this, because I experienced the fun and eye candies when I first attend a full run of the show last year. I promised that I should attend and cover this event every year here in my blog.
I have a full coverage of the 2013 FHM 100 Sexiest Women, check out my blog post at http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/2013/07/photo-coverage-marian-rivera-leads-fhm.html
Many people are still asking, how or what to do when you are inside the event. Take note that the event is for adults only, every content inside is for above 18 years old only and it caters for the male and female kind.
so here’s my survival guide based on my experience for the past two years
1. If you want to get the best seat in the house, especially for regular ticket holder, I suggest go there early and line up, gates will be opened later at 4:30pm, expect a long line and also frustrations to get in early.
2. Cameras are okay, DSLR, point and shoots, video cams, tripods and those mini ladders, I always see my fellow photographers got their own mini ladder, but Its recommended if you carry a high powered telephoto lens.
3. Wear comfortable clothes. When the show starts, expect shoulder to shoulder, belly to belly, waist to waist contact with everyone. The front of the stage will be super crowded and you don’t want to sweat and be sticky through the night
4. In taking photos, if you are standing in the ground, its hard to take photos because everyone in front of you are taking photos too, you’ll see hands, heads, ipads, iphones, android phones, dslr, camera and gopros. To take a better shot, you have to raise your hand and arms with all your might while holding your camera and click away. For point and shoot users..good luck. For DSLR camera users with flash and telephoto lens – just fire away and get a lucky shot. Its also best to use a monopod than a tripod. If you use a tripod..good luck to you.
5. Food – its very expensive inside the venue. I suggest you stuff yourself full before entering the event, stock some money to buy yourself some bottled water or drinks. Go hyper and don’t be a weakling when the show starts.
6. Visit the booths – if you arrived early, start taking pics right away, visit some booths and take the advantage of some of the freebies they give away. If you went there to have fun, then visiting the booth and joining games will make your FHM event more awesome. (advisable to do if you don’t have a camera with me)
7. Bring a small and secured bag – you need to store and secure your valuables with you. Place your phones, wallets and money inside your small bag and carry it infront of you during the show. We expect the body contacts and inches away from the face of another spectator, expect that someone might reach for your wallet or your phone. So make sure that all your belongings are secured. Lots of thieves are also roaming around in every crowded event.
8. Wear comfy shoes – just wear your softest and comfy rubber shoes, this will help you to stand for long hours, forget the idea of dressing up nicely, because people will go there to watch the FHM babes and not looking at your sparkling shoes or get up. For girls, pls don’t wear boots or heels. And don’t wear sandals, flip flops or sinelas, because when the crowd went wild, you might loose the other pair and go home barefooted.
9. If you will attend with your friends, its better to be with them and work together as a team. If all of you are taking photos, make sure you guys look for each other and help your co-team member inside the crowd pit.
10. Guys..be friends with girls. There are lots of female viewers at the regular ticket area. Be careful in standing beside them. During the show and the wildness of the crowd pit, expect that you might bump bodies to each other. Sometimes we can’t avoid the movements and push of the crowd, if you bump them, just say sorry. So that they will not suspect you as a manyak. For guys…just distance away from them, for girls…we are in the crowd pit..let’s be friends and lets be careful. If you got hurt, just let us know so that we can help and distance ourselves away from you.
11. Selfiepod – I suggest you keep it at home. If you use this selfiepod to mount your iphone… make sure it will not fall during the crowd pit madness. If the phone fell to the ground…good luck to you. Selfie should be taken later before or after the show. We don’t want to watch the show with lots of selfiepod infront of us.
12. If Marian Rivera appeared infront of you….just savor the moment and bow to our reigning queen with lots of respect. take pics and enjoy staring the beauty of our loving Marian.
13. well…if you have other survival guide tips.. just post it here via comments!
see you all later!