Cavinti Falls (formerly Pagsanjan falls) - ‪#‎CavEAT‬: Cavinti Eco-Adventure Tour part 5

DSC_0134


From my part 4 blog post of this series, I showed to you the hike and trek from the mountain going down here in Cavinti falls, it’s the most adrenaline pumping trek because its my first time to rappel down with nature around me and the reward that awaits there is the beauty of the falls. Cavinti falls or formerly known as Pagsanjan falls is very popular for the 80’s kids, because this falls have lots of photos in our post cards and also in every Sibika at Kultura text books, back in my grade school years in UST, I bought a Pagsanjan falls post cards in National bookstore and glued it to a bond paper and submitted it as my assignment about the nature wonders of the Philippines.

It was called Pagsanjan falls before, but then after some time, with the popularity of the accuracy of GPS or global positioning satellite, people of Cavinti learned that they own the falls and it doesn’t reside in the boundary of Pagsanjan, Laguna. But then the falls is widely known as Pagsanjan, but if you reached Cavinti, you’ll learn that it is a Cavinti falls.

The local tourism of Cavinti is the one managing the falls and the trek at Pueblo El Salvador, but they don’t have yet the boat service, because the river that flows from the Cavinti falls will intersect the Bumbungan River and the Pagsanjan river. Majority of the boats are coming from Pagsanjan.

Just like the moment when I saw Vigan, I also got a teary eye when I stood in front of Cavinti falls. Because I only see this on photo and video and not the real thing.

“Wag maging dayuhan sa sariling bayan” - the word from the late Susan Calo Medina, of Travel Time tv show, she died a day before our trip and her words will stick to us forever, honestly, I dedicated this trip and travel blog docu to her, because she inspires many pinoy travelers to go around our country and experience first the beauty before the foreign tourist. “ Don’t be a foreigner in your own country” as she say.

When I saw the falls, I think of Susan Calo Medina and her advocacy.


IMG_5345

Anyway… here’s our view on top of Pueblo El Salvador, a trek down the mountain in Cavinti

IMG_5342

After some hours of walking and rappelling down, you’ll get a close encounter of the Cavinti falls. My family comes from the Quezon province, I always see the sign and road going to this site, but I don’t have the chance to visit it. And now here’s my first time to absorb the awesomeness of mother nature here in Cavinti, Laguna.

GOPR1322

The entire site is crowded with lots of tourist and foreigners, I observed that most tourist are Koreans, some are Americans, but majority are Koreans and Japanese.

G0021325

Here’s our epic class photo before kissing the feet of Cavinti falls. Thanks to my GoPro camera for the all weather proof capture. Yeah, I left my Nikon DSLR inside Kathy’ bag and I’m glad that someone from our team can look after our bag that rest under a big rock near the river.

GOPR1326

It’s a bit noisy, because you can hear the roar and thunder of the Cavinti falls, the flow of water from the top is endless and there are times that it looks like that the falls is starting to overflow our area, but accdg to our guide that its safe and there’s nothing to worry about.


GOPR1329

Our entire group were guided and secured with a float vest, each of us are wearing this tightly and the tourism team and staff are making sure that all tourist who enters the falls are wearing their vest.

vlcsnap-2015-01-12-18h42m43s242


And here’s the big moment…I seated at the left side and that means that I’ll face the wrath of the falls first, its not funny but I can feel my adrenaline is pumping and I don’t even get scared because there’s a rope, there’s a bangkero around us and I wear a float vest. My GoPro camera added some courage to me to face to the falls hahahaha. Because I want everything be documented.

vlcsnap-2015-01-12-18h43m04s196

I don’t know how I will position myself, if I will sat down or just lean back.
All I can hear are screams and our excitement.
At the front, there are three of us shooting the moment with our waterproof cameras.

vlcsnap-2015-01-12-18h44m16s132

The view at the back….lucky you guys…. you are all safe there.

vlcsnap-2015-01-12-18h44m44s167

And here’s the first impact..it was just like rain…and with some 14 kms of wind

vlcsnap-2015-01-12-18h45m09s167

And the 2nd impact…..OMFGGGGGGG it was like a Yolanda Typhoon that smashes in our face. I covered my ear just to prevent water to go in and Its hard to breathe when a strong wind and splashes to your face is hitting nonstop. I thought that I will pass out, but then the best tip here is to cover your face so that you can prevent the water to enter your mouth, eyes and nose. This will give you more breathing power.

vlcsnap-2015-01-12-18h45m19s24

When you reach the bottom of the falls, it was a 10 seconds encounter, because the bangkero are pulling the bamboo raft and then you will notice that you are now inside the Devils Cave.

The Devils cave is at the back of the Cavinti falls, at first I thought that it will be just a small cave, but its big and dark inside… and ohh its cold too.

vlcsnap-2015-01-12-18h46m17s69

We jumped for joy when we got off the bamboo raft and now inside the Devil’s cave.

G0041343

We then realize that the bamboo raft left us ahhahahahaha. I think someone from our team requested that they will leave us for 15 minutes inside the cave. But its an awesome adventure because the cave is very inviting and we thought that some one brought a merienda snacks for us hahahaha. fail.

vlcsnap-2015-01-12-18h46m59s232

We conquered the 1st step of our adventure…but the next step is…going out


GOPR1335

Inside Devils Cave.

here’s a tip when you are inside the cave
1. Don’t walk around, because its slippery
2. Its dark inside
3. Its cold inside plus with lots of splashes of water, like a typhoon
4. Sit down and take a rest
5. If you fell or slip down, make sure you don’t hit head first
6. If you can’t walk alone, ask some assistance from your companions
7. Don’t jump into the water or swim through it, it’s dangerous because the falls can suck you out to the bottom
8. Just pee in the water if you need to.
9. Wait for the return of the bamboo raft
10. Just sit, relax and enjoy the nature wonders.

Don’t worry, there’s no devil inside hahhaha.


vlcsnap-2015-01-12-18h48m35s197

Here’s our moment going out of the cave and going through the falls.
Thanks to Kathy for grabbing me…Because there are no space left for me to sit in the bamboo raft.

vlcsnap-2015-01-12-18h48m48s53

There’s a dramatic moments here that changes our lives
but still an awesome experience…. all are safe and well..
two of our team mates got injured after slipping inside the cave…and I wear a broken wrist watch, because I thought that its water resistant… oh I fail.

DSC_0131

After the trip going in and out of the falls, I manage to take a photo selfie with the falls… (check the cover photo above for my selfie with the falls)

It’s the best adventure here in Cavinti, Laguna

Thanks and nice to know you Cavinti Falls.


G0051351

Now my next problem is….going up to Pueblo El Salvador ahhahahahaha.
oh darn…I think I left my fats here. But that's okay, after reaching the top, our lunch is waiting there and they treated us with yummy chicken adobo and fried Cavinti tilapia fish, which they say got the most tastiest kind of tilapia in the Philippines. ( I took a bite and yeahh they are right!)

watch out for my part 6 of our eco adventure tour here in Cavinti.


ABOUT CAVINTI ECO ADVENTUR TOUR
The #CavEAT: Cavinti Eco-Adventure Tour is a Tourism Advocacy Campaign to help generate online buzz for the upcoming Cavinti Water Sports Olympics: 1st International Competition happening on February 8-14, 2015.

2015 Cavinti Water Sports Olympics: 1st International Competition
watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWEVHpaEylU

The #CavEAT: Cavinti Eco-Adventure Tour is organized by Herald C. Bebis for the Municipality of Cavinti headed by Hon. Mayor Milbert Oliveros. The event is fully supported by the Cavinti Municipal Tourism Office, DigitalFilipino, Pelikula Padayon, Caliraya Lake Mountain Resort, Camarin Resort and Lago Fishing Village.

HOW TO GET THERE IN CAVINTI, LAGUNA
1. Ride Sta. Cruz, Laguna bound DLTB Bus in Buendia Terminal, located below Gil Puyat LRT
2. Bus fare to Sta. Cruz, Laguna is PHP 140 (air con bus)
3. Drop off at DLTB Sta. Cruz terminal
4. Ride a a tricycle or jeep going to Sta. Cruz Market
5. At the market, look for the jeepney that will take you to Cavinti, Laguna
6. If you will go straight to Caliraya Lake, ride the Lumban-Cavinti Jeep
7. If you will go straight to Cavinti town proper, then ride the Pagsanjan-Cavinti jeep (this jeep will take you to Bumbungan resort, and also the Cavinti Municipal Tourism Office)
8. If you will go back to Manila, just go back to Sta. Cruz bus terminals, DLTB bus last trip to Manila is around 7:45pm
9. Other option: You can also ride a Lucban jeep in Sta. Cruz, you can drop off at Cavinti junction and just ride a tricycle going to Bumbungan Eco Park or to town proper

TOUR ORGANIZERHerald C. Bebis
www.facebook.com/heraldbebis
09055174371