The Food and Inside the bloggers camp (rest house) - ‪#‎CavEAT‬: Cavinti Eco-Adventure Tour part 7

DSC_0193

I decided to include this in my blog series, just to show you where did we sleep and stayed for a night. We stayed here in rest house provided by the Mayor of Cavinti, a day before the trip the temperature here in Cavinti is around 18C and that’s close to the weather in Baguio this season. When we learned about the weather, we gear up with our jackets and went around in layered clothing. I think the Ber- season is much colder because the cold front or the Amihan is still present til February.

The photo above was taken the next morning, I no longer have the energy to take photo that evening when we arrived here in the rest house or I call this bloggers camp. My GoPro’s battery is dead and my Nikon is taking a rest after experiencing some splashes, I took out my iPhone and started shooting our dinner time and meet with the Mayor.

IMG_5226

Its total darkness when we arrived in the bloggers camp, the drive way is dark and hard to move because the area is muddy. I’m glad that I brought my head lamp that I bought in Daiso, that’s a PHP88 head lamp and I’m happy that it performed well.

IMG_5229
During our dinner, we met Cavinti Mayor Milbert Oliveros, he’s the guy we thanked for inviting us and getting Herald to organize the entire tour and to promote their home town of Cavinti, Laguna. He visited us and then talked to us about their upcoming Watersports competition this Feb 2015.


IMG_5232

The dinner area is located at other rest house, so we need to go there first before leaving our bag to our bloggers camp. There’s a house helper and a cook who helped us stuffed our tummy with these Cavinti local food.

Above is their version of pinangat, or laing. they call it as Tinuto. the cooking is much the same with Quezon’s pinangat, but in their version, they add a freshwater kind of fish.

IMG_5228

Caldereta
its one of my favorite, but I skipped on eating some meat that night, because I can still feel the “putok batok” moment of the dinuguan we ate that morning haha.

pero sayang, gusto ko pa naman ng caldereta.

IMG_5227

Pinais is the ever favorite food of my day, I know pinais from our Quezon province, but here in Cavinti’s version, the preparation is the same but the ingredients are different. There are small shrimp mixed in this coconut meat.

I ate this til I get stuffed..ohh thank you Lord.

IMG_5235


After dinner, my co-blogger friends told me to check out the chickens, then at first I thought they are ducks.. ahhhaha. It’s a family of chickens with furry kind of feather. I don’t know what they are, but it looks like an imported kind of chickens.

DSC_0196

It was rainy that night, and it was cold too. I even requested that they send an electrician to fix the air conditioner, but then we slept the night with lots of chills, we didn’t expected that it will be much colder at night. I slept around at 9:30pm, I got tired and I weaken after that painful leg cramps. I slept first and let everyone enjoyed their fun and games at the bloggers camp.

Then I woke up at around 3am, I didn’t know that it was an earthquake that shook us, we learned the news the next morning when people are tweeting the same thing.

DSC_0190

After our breakfast, Herald sent a message that we should pack up and get ready for another adventure. We scrambled and took a bath before leaving the camp.

I painfully took a bath that evening and I told them the shower is much warmer during the evening and its colder in the morning, but the truth is….its much colder at night hahahaha.

DSC_0191

Then I spotted Mike still enjoying the comfy bed….


DSC_0192

Everyone are packing up, and for my case…I’m still waiting for my GoPro and Nikon camera battery for a full charge.

DSC_0195

Bye camp!
We forgot to say that..sana may lambanog nung gabi hahhah.

DSC_0197

There’s our jeepney ride.

DSC_0198

Check out my part 8 for more adventure..and also tour.




ABOUT CAVINTI ECO ADVENTUR TOUR
The #CavEAT: Cavinti Eco-Adventure Tour is a Tourism Advocacy Campaign to help generate online buzz for the upcoming Cavinti Water Sports Olympics: 1st International Competition happening on February 8-14, 2015.

2015 Cavinti Water Sports Olympics: 1st International Competition
watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWEVHpaEylU



The #CavEAT: Cavinti Eco-Adventure Tour is organized by Herald C. Bebis for the Municipality of Cavinti headed by Hon. Mayor Milbert Oliveros. The event is fully supported by the Cavinti Municipal Tourism Office, DigitalFilipino, Pelikula Padayon, Caliraya Lake Mountain Resort, Camarin Resort and Lago Fishing Village.

HOW TO GET THERE IN CAVINTI, LAGUNA
1. Ride Sta. Cruz, Laguna bound DLTB Bus in Buendia Terminal, located below Gil Puyat LRT
2. Bus fare to Sta. Cruz, Laguna is PHP 140 (air con bus)
3. Drop off at DLTB Sta. Cruz terminal
4. Ride a a tricycle or jeep going to Sta. Cruz Market
5. At the market, look for the jeepney that will take you to Cavinti, Laguna
6. If you will go straight to Caliraya Lake, ride the Lumban-Cavinti Jeep
7. If you will go straight to Cavinti town proper, then ride the Pagsanjan-Cavinti jeep (this jeep will take you to Bumbungan resort, and also the Cavinti Municipal Tourism Office)
8. If you will go back to Manila, just go back to Sta. Cruz bus terminals, DLTB bus last trip to Manila is around 7:45pm
9. Other option: You can also ride a Lucban jeep in Sta. Cruz, you can drop off at Cavinti junction and just ride a tricycle going to Bumbungan Eco Park or to town proper

TOUR ORGANIZERHerald C. Bebis
www.facebook.com/heraldbebis
09055174371