If you’re in-between jobs or are looking for your first employer, you will agree March is definitely the month of competition. Do you know what’s better than braving the streets distributing your resume guerilla style in the hopes of beating other job seekers to the finish line? Knowing where to look.
I know many of us feel that dream jobs no longer exists. This leads job seekers vulnerable in signing up for work that does not offer competitive compensation, learning, and work-life balance. It is a matter of knowing where to look.
One of my most hardworking colleagues has been working remotely anywhere he wants. He can treat us out during his free time and it baffles me and our other friends how he has achieved an ideal work-life balance, not to mention his bustling career as an IT consultant. His social media timeline showed he had enough time for his well-being, family, friends and continuous learning. I can no longer hold my curiosity so I finally asked where he worked. He was part of Infor Philippines.
To cut the long story short, I realized there are still companies and happy employees that exist – perhaps quietly in the midst of chaos, focusing on their growth and providing the best solutions to their clients. I know many of my readers are about to graduate, some would like to bolster their career and find the right balance between time for work and self. So here are some career opportunities I think all of you might be interested in (do click on job title to reveal full details and how to apply).
Note to fresh grads: Infor offers a training program called Green Bean Training Program. It is a new program for recruiting, training, and mentoring new employees. This unique program is actually featured on Bloomberg, read it here.
If you want to be part of the Green Bean Program, visit the Infor website and get in touch: http://infor.com/
• At least 2 years of equivalent work experience, HR and benefits and/or payroll experience preferred.
• Experience managing critical customer issues with senior management
• Experience performing Client Services or Customer Support for high value clients
• Experience working with global organizations preferred
• Proven analytical skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Proven strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Ability to mentor a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
• Familiarity with any web content development tools and HTML coding
• 12 years relevant experience in the design and/or use of enterprise business software applications.
• Mastery of business processes associated with application domain.
• Domain expertise in ERP industry
• Four-year degree in appropriate field, technical school graduate or 2 years of Oracle/ SQL DBA experience.
• Generally recognized expertise with current Oracle/ SQL Databases.
• Significant experience in tuning and configuring Oracle/ SQL database systems, in a live customer environments and benchmark environments.
• In-depth experience in providing Oracle database administrative support, including database design, database recovery
Product Support Analyst
• May possess computer programming or software application coding skills.
• Possesses advanced knowledge of assigned product(s) and working knowledge of operating environments.
• Demonstrates leadership abilities.
• Expert problem solving and analytic skills.
• Possesses full understanding of industry practices as well as Global Support Procedures
• Proficient writing, editing and communications skills.
• Highly advanced interpersonal and customer service/orientation skills.
• Proficient PC skills with knowledge of various software applications used for troubleshooting, call resolution and logging.
• Excellent time management, decision making and organizational skills required to insure most effective and timely delivery of service to clients.
• Experienced in escalation management and negotiating/setting expectations for customers
• Consistent case completion with thoroughness and accuracy insuring high customer satisfaction routinely.
• Command of the English language preferred to be able to provide oral and written communication that effectively articulates complex ideas
Quality Assurance Analyst
The Software Engineer, Quality is responsible for assessing the quality of the assigned products or features. The Software Engineer, Quality creates technical test plans and test designs for the product or feature being tested and executes manual or automated test scripts across the multiple platforms that are supported, for the client, server and database. The Software Engineer, Quality works with a team of Quality Engineers/Analysts and participates in the identification, development, creation and improvement of the technical testing processes and framework and infrastructure.
Ability to assess new technologies, perform engineering tasks in development and QA environments to ensure that a GA-ready product is available, and act as first tier Subject Matter Expert support in troubleshooting situations. The position's responsibilities include analysis, design, programming, unit and integration testing of new or existing products/systems. The Software Engineer, Systems must have the ability to execute systems development projects with minimal technical direction. The Software Engineer, Systems must be able to produce high quality, high performance software that meets company’s software development standards.
Infor Philippines employs over 700 hundred local talents, there are more positions you can explore here on their career page. The company is known to offer a competitive compensation package, a casual environment, and exceptional employee benefits like time-off programs.
The Philippine office of Infor is located at 9/F Net Square Building, 28th Street corner 3rd Avenue Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.
Let me know if you are interested or have any questions via comments. Good luck job hunting everyone!